We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting around

Gloucester, United...
Level Contributor
47 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Getting around

Hi All,

I appreciate this has most likely been asked before somewhere and have tried to find out for myself and not succeeded. Me and my girlfriend would like to check out a lot of beaches in the Bukit region such as Dreamland, Padang Padang, Uluwatu. We are staying in Sanur, What is the easiest and cheapest way to get there? Can we get a taxi easily for the day from Sanur and then find a taxi around the beaches to get back when we have had enough?

Gloucester, United...
Level Contributor
47 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting around

Forgot to mention we don't really want to rent a scooter as we wouldn't feel comfortable on them as either of us have no experience on them or the area

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,670 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting around

Best bet is to get a car and driver for the day. It will work out cheaper than short trips in a taxi plus the convenience factor. Expect to pay around 400,000Rp to 550,000Rp per day.

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
2,425 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting around

I agree with urbanjungle.

Just grab a driver and you can take your time and stop where you like and not have to worry about finding a taxi.

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
5,548 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting around

Just hire a driver for the day. Will cost you less than 30 quid for the day.

Gloucester, United...
Level Contributor
47 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting around

Thanks for the responses, how do I go about hiring a driver for the day?

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
5,548 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Getting around

There are drivers outside most of the hotels and also in the streets.

Just have a chat with them and agree on a price. They will always start at a higher price so be prepared to bargain.

Gloucester, United...
Level Contributor
47 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Getting around

How do I know who is registered driver if I am just picking a driver up from outside the hotel and street? I am staying at Puri Santrian is there any ranks or areas where I will find the best drivers?

Leeds, UK
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
18,331 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Getting around

There are no taxi ranks. You can flag taxis down on the street, they will usually beep at you as you walk along. Bluebird taxis are the metered ones. I've used transport touts on the street with no problem to get from A to B and back to A, although do expect a little bit of touting for future journeys. You could of course ask for driver recommendations on here and contact a driver in advance.

9. Re: Getting around

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, April 11, 2014