We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

14 nights, too much moving around?

Berkeley, California
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
14 nights, too much moving around?

I'll be in Bali for 14 nights. This is my itinerary and was starting to wonder if I was moving around too much. I'm thinking it's fine since most of the distances won't take up too much time. I'm not much for lounging, I like to be active but at the same time I don't want to forgo too much of my trip shuffling around. Just need some reassurance :P

3 Nights Seminyak

5 Nights Ubud

3 Nights Candidasa

2 Nights Lembongan

1 Night Nusa Dua (I have a free night at The Grang Hyatt (or the Bali Hyatt in Sanur), figured I could have a nice shower and rest before the 22hr flight)

Appreciate the help.

australia
Level Contributor
550 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: 14 nights, too much moving around?

I would skip candi dasa or lembongan even tho I love lembongan. Two weeks is not long and I would try to only move three times in that time limit. What about skipping seminyak and having more time in lembongan or Ubud? Ubud is my favourite and you can do lots of day trips to places from there.

Forster, Australia
Level Contributor
333 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: 14 nights, too much moving around?

I a planning a similar trip:

2 days Legian ( on arrival as we fly in at 11pm)

3 days Candidasa

3 days Ubud

3 days Sanur

3 days Seminyak

From Candidasa we intend on doing a day trip to Ahmed and from Sanur a day trip to Lemboggan. I have stayed in Bali several times and have tended to base myself in Legian, I am travelling this time with a group of friends who have never visited Bali so would like to try and see some very different areas of Bali and absorb the culture.

I have researched my itinerary extensively with the help of users of this forum. Have a look at each of the forums for respective areas, especially take note of Sue C's posts in Candidasa forum before you cross Candidasa from you wish list :)

Enjoy your trip!

Bali, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Ubud, Pemuteran, Yogyakarta
Level Contributor
9,814 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: 14 nights, too much moving around?

Geek: The humidity here is much more than in SoCal...

Indeed Ubud is a great base for the outdoorsy stuff...and day trips to Budugul, Kintamani, Jatiluwih etc are all easy from Ubud. Either way, do plan at least a hike around Batur...I think you would enjoy that....

I am not an anti-Candidasa or anti-Beach, but since 3 of your 4 locations are centered around the beach I think more time inland would balance it out more...

Do check out Google Earth for good views of what Bali looks like in reality....

Hobart, Australia
Level Contributor
53 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: 14 nights, too much moving around?

Hi

I think your itinerary is great

We spent last June in Bali for 19 nights - 3 nights Kuta, 3 nights Nusa Lembongan, 2 nights Ubud and then topped it off with 10 nights at Club Med Nusa Dua. We are Club Med addicted so it was the perfect finish for us.

We are off again this September and plan to do 5 nights Kuta/Legian, then spend 1 week travelling via Candi Dasa, Amed up to Lovina and Mejungan Island then back via Ubud and end up with a week at Club Med.

You will have a great time no matter what itinerary you choose. The Balinese are such amazing people and the memories are priceless.

Enjoy every minute

Jackie

Sanur Bali
Level Contributor
2,478 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: 14 nights, too much moving around?

Go with what you have planned. There is not a lot a travel involved. I have just returned to Sanur after two days in Candi Dasa. I would have happily stayed longer if I did not have business to attend to in Sanur.

Sanur to Candi Dasa is only just over a one hour drive.

Yesterday I drove from Candi Dasa to Amed via the coastal road (I prefer this to the inland route).

I stayed at Water Garden in Candi Dasa.

www.watergardenhotel.com/

I have always liked this restaurant in Candi Dasa.

www.vincentsbali.com/

Plus this one in in Amed

restaurantamedbali.com/

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
101 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: 14 nights, too much moving around?

hey there

Seminyak is pretty central only 20 mins from airport, it will then take you about1.5-2 hrs to get to ubud, cos you cant travel too fast, roads and thin and windy. if you go from ubud to candi dasa that may take an hour, be very careful eating seafood at candi dasa, i got violently ill 24 hours after that episode, took me out for 3 days. eating seafood at a resort is fine though. then to to lembongan, ive never been there, thats a boat trip to get there.

good luck

wayne

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
440 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: 14 nights, too much moving around?

Hi,

We have looked at staying at the Sarinbuana Eco Lodge, haven't got there yet but I thought it might interest you. The lodge has some great sounding packages which are more about activites and not lounging about (and no shopping).

We stayed in Candi Dasa last trip for 2 nights and although it wasn't really for us the restaurants were great - Vincents especially, I might go back just for that. Bali Asli also made for a lovely lunch stop after the Water Temple. I think 2 nights is probably enough here.

I am sure you will find heaps to do in Ubud with so many walks (guided or otherwise) etc. Would recommend a cooking class in Ubud, it's a really great way to find out more about the local culture and eat some amazing food.

Where ever you end up going I hope you have an amazing time. I'm going back for my 9th trip in May - can't wait!

Perth
Level Contributor
301 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: 14 nights, too much moving around?

When I travel with hubby (and should have done it last year with Mum!!) we stay in one place the WHOLE time.

But mostly I travel to Bali solo and I am on the move all the time. Off in two weeks and am tweeking my itinerary...so far it is 2 nights South Kuta (late flight in), 4 nights Ubud (retreat), 2 nights Sanur (LOVE IT!), 4 on Lembongan Island (first visit) and 2 nights back in Kuta (shopping).

Another recent trip it was 2 in Kuta, 2 in Candidasa, 2 in Amed, 2 in Lovina, 2 in Seminyak & 2 in South Kuta...I loved it! It is different strokes for different folks (your itinerary would absolutely suit me!)

I am keen to return to Candidasa again in the future...even though there was not much action of any kind! Just had some good vibes for me and when the photos pop up on my computer screen saver of my visit I feel...calm...

Edited: 6:04 am, January 31, 2013
19. Re: 14 nights, too much moving around?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, February 02, 2014