We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bali in march

Stockholm, Sweden
4 posts
Save Topic
Bali in march

Hey,

We're planing a trip to Bali in march and would like to know how the hotel situation is at this time of year. We are going to stay for 10-11 nights and plan to go from Seminyak to Ubud to either Gili Trawanga or Nusa Lambongan.

Should i book hotels in advance or is it no problem to find hotels (4-5 stars) this time a year to a decent pricing by just going to the hotels and asking for a room?

Regards

Leeds, UK
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
19,051 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bali in march

Hi Adam and welcome to the Bali forum. Personally I would pre-book; that way if you have a particular hotel in mind, you can pretty much guarantee that you can get in. Also, after a long flight do you really want to trek from hotel to hotel in high heat and humidity with your luggage looking for a room?

You should have better luck on Gili T securing a room when you get there, providing you don't plan on arriving around Nyepi Day.

Stockholm, Sweden
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bali in march

Hi and thanks for your answer.

We were planning on making a reservation for the first two nights and then go from there, but it all comes down to if its even possible to find any nice hotels that has rooms available while we are there. Any ideas or thoughts on that?

3. Re: Bali in march

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 4:05 am, January 24, 2013
Level Contributor
393 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bali in march

Hi Adam

When we were in Gili Trawangan just before peak season there was a couple who were looking for accommodation and found it. Personally I like to book ahead and know that the accommodation is there but that is because I travel with a child. On gili trawangan I have stayed at Pondok Lita which I booked through the Internet and was a delightful budget place to stay. We have also stayed at the more up market villa ombak which was also very good. On gili T I recommend dining at Scallywags for at least one of your meals. You will love Gili Trawangn, how long do you plan to stay there?

Stockholm, Sweden
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Bali in march

We are not sure for how long our trip will last. Don't know how long I can be away from work yet :p we are planning for ubud for a few days and then some place which is good for snorkeling right of the beach. Gili t? Lembongan? Amed?

We also like exploring on our own by foot.

Level Contributor
393 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bali in march

hi again Adam

Gili Trawangan is great for snorkelling and is certainly worth visiting. If you stayed there for a few nights you could also do a day trip to Gili Air or Gili Meno. You can easily walk or cycle around the island . Villa Ombak is practically on the beach and provided very good accommodation although there are quite a few alternatives. I do recommend that you include Gili Trawangan in your itinerary. Ubud will also be a wonderful inclusion in your holiday. I hope you can have plenty of time away from work to enjoy these wonderful places.

7. Re: Bali in march

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, January 26, 2014