We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Going to Bali and I need ideas!

Las Vegas
8 posts
Save Topic
Going to Bali and I need ideas!

Myself and 2 of my girlfriends are going to Bali for 8 nights. We want to stay in Ubud, but not sure where to stay. We also are thinking about staying in another town for 3 days. We dont want to do the craziness of Kuta. we want more culture, sightseeing, adventure, etc. It would be nice to see a beautiful beach but only for a day... where should we go? should we visit another close island, or just travel Bali? North Bali? We need suggestions!

Mentioned in this post
Ubud
Ubud
Bali, Indonesia
Kuta
Kuta
Kuta District, Indonesia
Chatham, United...
Level Contributor
527 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Going to Bali and I need ideas!

Try Amed, which is close enough for day trips to most tourist objects, but also more like traditional Bali. The beaches at Amed are working beaches (expect fishermen's boats and local activities etc) but still good to watch the world go by.

Australia
Level Contributor
12,777 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Going to Bali and I need ideas!

What do you want to pay for a hotel erin?

In Ubud you can stay in beautiful budget places from $25.00 to mid range from $80.00 and upper end, from $200.00. From Ubud you can also have some great adventure.

I agree with divewench about spending 3 days Amed, it is just lovely and as far removed from the hustle and bustle of Kuta as you could want.

Mentioned in this post
Ubud
Ubud
Bali, Indonesia
Kuta
Kuta
Kuta District, Indonesia
3. Re: Going to Bali and I need ideas!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 4:09 am, January 13, 2013
4. Re: Going to Bali and I need ideas!

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:09 am, January 12, 2013
Las Vegas
8 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Going to Bali and I need ideas!

Any thoughts on going to lombok for a few days? Gili Islands? or Java?

ubud
Level Contributor
53 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Going to Bali and I need ideas!

i think you could consider Munduk for at least 2 days and maybe 3.

this place is extraordinary: http://www.mundukmodingplantation.com/

look at its listing on tripadvisor.

you cannot get any better than this in Bali if you dont require being near the sea (except at the Fourseasons Ubud or something)...

You can see the ocean from the view however!

give this some serious thought. its truly unique bali experience

Mentioned in this post
Munduk
Munduk
Bali, Indonesia
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
155 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Going to Bali and I need ideas!

Honeymoon Guesthouses 1 & 2 are great and inexpensive - also run cooking school. check out on www.casalunabali.com

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,769 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Going to Bali and I need ideas!

Have a look at Blue Star at Amed....fantastic value and you are right in the village...very untouristy.

9. Re: Going to Bali and I need ideas!

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, January 15, 2014