We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel Insurance - Insure and Go

South Australia
Level Contributor
349 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Travel Insurance - Insure and Go

Hi,

Has anyone had any experience with this company?

http://www.insureandgo.com.au/

The premiums are quite good in regard to pre existing conditions but I am more interested in how their service is if you need to claim.

167 replies to this topic
South Australia
Level Contributor
349 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel Insurance - Insure and Go

Bump

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,897 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel Insurance - Insure and Go

I haven't had a policy with them but thought I would send you the link to the Canstar Travel Insurance Star Ratings. It does have 5 stars for a couple travelling to Bali and also has 5 stars for a family travelling to Bali.

canstar.com.au/images/star_ratings_reports/i…

Hopefully someone who has an experience with them will come on soon.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
280 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel Insurance - Insure and Go

we always use aami it only costs about $80 for my whole family we have 7 kids

Dubai
Level Contributor
3 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel Insurance - Insure and Go

came across this recently about insure and go: tripadvisor.com/…46286739

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Zadar
Level Contributor
1,399 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel Insurance - Insure and Go

Oh no! We recently bought a premium with them for our upcoming Phuket trip. I have a pre-existing condition and they didn't charge extra for it. I hope we don't have to make a claim. We did see the Canstar rating which made us have a look at them. We usually get Southern Cross.

Sydney, Australia
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Travel Insurance - Insure and Go

I have not used them before but I did quick review search online and found some positive reviews. www.productreview.com.au/p/insure-and-go.html

Hope it helps!

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Zadar
Level Contributor
1,399 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Travel Insurance - Insure and Go

Thanks for that Jaqui. Puts my mind at ease.

Australia
Level Contributor
95 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Travel Insurance - Insure and Go

Damaged my camera on a recent trip o/s. Mailed my camera late last week to insure and go and then this Tuesday received the news my claim has been processed, postage costs reimbursed and without getting into the details, I am more than happy with the outcome.

Negombo
Level Contributor
1 post
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Travel Insurance - Insure and Go

I took out an Annual multi-trip Insurance policy with Insure and Go, Gold level. Not cheap but certainly competitive in the market.

Recently got stuck in Sicily when the ferries were cancelled due to adverse weather and I could not get back to Malta by ferry from where my return Emirates flight to Sydney was due to leave until a day after my flight had gone. Not wanting to be late for the start of the school term I booked a flight to Gatwick and then changed my flight date and departure with Emirates to return to Sydney from Heathrow. This cost me over $1200.

When it came to claiming, however, they ducked out of all responsibility and all I was allowed to claim was $50 per 12 hours of delay.

What is a (Gold Level) travel insurance policy for if it does not cover the traveller when something goes wrong which is out of the control of the traveller?

I would avoid Insure and Go like the plague if I were you. Not only did their policy not cover my claim but their Manager was blunt, unsympathetic and almost hostile when I called to ask how to direct my claim. Furthermore, they told me that I was entitled to claim $25 per 12 hours delay (which was, in fact, only half what my policy allowed).

London, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Travel Insurance - Insure and Go

Don't use them! I took out their premium cover for my son who was travelling for 3 months. His mobile was stolen and they have just advised that phones are not covered!!

Reply to: Travel Insurance - Insure and Go
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted