We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A question on crouds in September.

Save Topic
A question on crouds in September.

I will be in Bali the last week of September '13. My plan is to randomly explore the island and pay for lodging as I go. I have heard some say that hotels can fill up during peak season, leaving you stranded. Since I will be there late September, will I have to worry about this?

Sunshine Coast...
Level Contributor
1,243 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A question on crouds in September.

You may find its still busy.

We have stayed in Bali in Sept & some of the places we wanted to book had already been taken....August is high season Many tourists are still over in Bali.

While in Bali in Oct this year we could not get a table at several restaurants as they were fully booked...the W Resort was also fully booked , we were told before going over that Oct is the quiet month along with feb & March.

If you have any particular place in mind then maybe contact them to ask otherwise if your flexible to stay anywhere then you will find rooms as there are so many to pick from, looking around could take time out of your holiday that would be the down side.

Perth
Level Contributor
1,688 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A question on crouds in September.

If you are randomly exploring the island you should be fine, in less populated areas but it is west Australian school holidays so you will find kuta, legian,saner and seminyak very busy.

Sydney
Level Contributor
1,175 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A question on crouds in September.

Hmmm, welcome to my nightmare. This maybe worth taking into consideration. Late September 2013 Bali will be hosting APEC Conference, President Obama arrives 5th October. This may cause disruptions at certain times.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
14,194 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A question on crouds in September.

We were there in September this year and it was a lot quieter than August in Sanur, Ubud etc. Didn't go near Kuta / Legian so can't say about those areas. I think you'll be fine doing that.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
690 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: A question on crouds in September.

I think you will be surprised at how easy it is to find places to stay. Sounds like you are prepared to be flexible and explore; opportunities will pop up just talking to people, small hotels and lodgings abound. Sure if you are after a specific popular hotel they might be full but there are so many options.

I remember walking along a dirt track back of Ubud and a man popped his head out and asked, "do you want to rent my house?" I already had accommodation but this was a beautiful 2 level bungalow with a pool and lovely gardens.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
375 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: A question on crouds in September.

We were there in late Sept / early Oct this year and I was actually surprised how quiet it was. Obviously as a first timer I had pictured it being chockers, but most of the time we were able to eat in half-empty restaurants, managed to get tables at the busier ones (helped just being the 2 of us). Even most of the pubs/bars were pretty quiet.

We generally only explored Kuta early morning around 10am so I think most of the Dodgy crowd are probably still sleeping off hangovers at that time, but I didn't even find Kuta super packed. Made it so refreshing wandering the market stalls.

I am however freaking out about APEC next year, I didn't know about it before I booked our return trip and we were due to fly out when the POTUS was due to arrive.

Knowing the drama they are talking about here in Brisbane for the G20 summit in 2014 (shutting down whole city blocks) I am dreading what Bali will be like during APEC with the President. Fingers crossed they stay in Nusa Dua!

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
14,194 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: A question on crouds in September.

I'd be avoiding it if at all possible. It was bad enough in Perth when CHOGM was on with a decent road system etc. I dread to think what the traffic will be like in Bali. Even if they do stay in Nusa Dua It will effect the traffic in much wider areas than that.

8. Re: A question on crouds in September.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:15 pm, December 17, 2013