We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spending Money

Sydney, New South...
Level Contributor
85 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Spending Money

I am travelling to Bali at the end of January until February 21st. I am planning on saving for approx $100 a day. Do you think this is enough?

Also should that spending money include food, activities etc. or should I allow seperate money for that?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

Queensland
Level Contributor
3,989 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Spending Money

Hi Aimee, is the $100 for yourself only or for yourself and a partner?

My husband and I budgeted on $100/day for our trip in Jan/Feb this year and that worked out fine. We had a few nice meals, did some shopping (didn't go crazy with the shopping though), had massages and it was plenty.

I think the only things we didn't include in the daily budget was the day trip fee of 500,000rp and some suits that my husband had made over there.

What you spend will really depend on the places you intend to eat/the amount you intend to drink and the amount of shopping you intend to do!

2. Re: Spending Money

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 7:32 am, August 29, 2013
Cranbourne...
Level Contributor
6,739 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Spending Money

If $100 is what you have allowed, do a budget.

Total up all the activity costs that you want to do and subtract that from your total figure (eg. $2200) and will give you a net figure, divide that by the number of days and that is the amount you have for meals and shopping etc.

Will that be enough? If you sit on beach, or you drink $12 cocktails, or do a lot of adventure activities will all have a bearing on it.

You didn't mention how many people the $100 is for?

Sydney, New South...
Level Contributor
85 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Spending Money

$100 will be for myself, and I have a feeling I will be doing a lot of shopping. I am traveling with my boyfriend although he will have his own spending money.

How many day trips do you think there would be to do that we would need a driver for the day? There are a lot of things I am already planning on buying. And I am planning on doing quite a few activities.

How much would need to be set aside for activities?

Cranbourne...
Level Contributor
6,739 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Spending Money

Depends what you want to do.....

Nusa Lembongan $100+

Rafting $30-$80

Tubing $30-$80

Cycling $30- $80

ATV $70+

Waterbom $30+++

Watersports many and various $

Sydney, New South...
Level Contributor
85 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Spending Money

What is ATV?

I want to do a day trip to Ubud, the monkey forests etc and Tannah Lot. WHat other things can you do in that one day trip?

Queensland
Level Contributor
3,989 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Spending Money

Hi Aimee, see the link on the top right of this page called "Things to Do in Bali". There is also a link on the left hand side of the page as well.

Have you invested in a good guide book too?

PS ATV is All Terrain Vehicle - a 4 wheeler basically

Edited: 9:33 pm, November 12, 2012
Sydney, New South...
Level Contributor
85 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Spending Money

No would you recommend one ?

Yes I have looked at that link :)

Queensland
Level Contributor
3,989 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Spending Money

I have a little (maybe A6 size) Lonely Planet guide book - I think it was quite cheap too. It just gave me some ideas of places to visit.

Also, another good thing to do to get some ideas is read some JBR (Just Back Reports) by other travellers... lots of good info in those :)

Have fun with the planning, its half the fun (ok maybe 1/3!).

Sydney, New South...
Level Contributor
85 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Spending Money

Where abouts do you find the JBR's?