We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Schoolies

Southport, Australia
Level Contributor
1,407 posts
68 reviews
Save Topic
Schoolies

Next weekend leaving Gold Coast where I live heading to Bali.

From one schoolies paradise to another! Hope it will be O.K. Did not realise my trip clashed with QLD end of school frivolity.

melbourne
Level Contributor
1,452 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Schoolies

I feel your pain we to leave for bali next weekend and are worried about schoolies as we are in kuta for our first few days, were are you staying???? traci

Southport, Australia
Level Contributor
1,407 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Schoolies

The brand new The Stones Hotel, Marriott group at legian. Don't think schoolies will be staying there it only opened 3 weeks ago. I love new hotels. I was thinking maybe when I am out and about would prefer not to see drunkeness as we do in S.P. sometimes. Unless of course it is me who is drunk!! That hotel has very good opening rates. I am flying Singapore out of Brisbane. Where are you staying?

melbourne
Level Contributor
1,452 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Schoolies

we will be in kuta for a few days for shopping them off to sanur for 10 days so not worried as i dont think sanur is the place shcoolies will go to. we are staying at the bali garden.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
4,664 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Schoolies

Good luck guys!!

melbourne
Level Contributor
1,452 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Schoolies

thanks Rob06

Southport, Australia
Level Contributor
1,407 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Schoolies

I have only been to Bali once and stayed at the Bali Garden that time.

PERTH
Level Contributor
1,223 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Schoolies

Yes I too will be under the influence of Schoolies ,as I had foregot about them and will be there also when they are. Ah well at least I paid for a bit more on accomodation,so hopefully they will not be where I am.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
13,747 posts
313 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Schoolies

They are mostly out and about in the clubs and bars later at night and that is when you will 'feel' it most.. During the day you do see them but not usually early and most are not as badly behaved as everyone makes out. Kuta and Legian are the main areas they stay. Sure there are some who push things too far and can spoil other peoples holidays. You usually find this if you stay in a hotel that attracts the younger crowds. I have been to bali during schoolies and I have also been in Surfers Paradise during schoolies. I find that surfers paradise is 'worse'. So many schoolies all in one more confined area compared to Bali where they are more spread out. Surfers Paradise is overrun with schoolies and it is a good time to stay away and let them get on with it. Any 'bad' behaviour' in Bali is not only from schoolies, you see a lot of drunken behaviour from other people as well.

Personally I don't stay in kuta much and especially not during schoolies. When I was over there with one of my children during her schoolies we spent some of our time in Tuban (close to kuta) and weren't bothered at all. The majority of our holiday we stayed in Sanur and Ubud.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
13,506 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Schoolies

Hate to break it to you like this naej but it also clashes with W.A. schoolies week and I know there's a heap of them going to Bali. Good luck !

the Kimberley, West...
Level Contributor
817 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Schoolies

I disagree that its when you are out at night when they are the most trouble. You can choose not to go to a certain club or bar but its when you get unlucky enough to have them staying at your hotel that its painful, particularly if you are staying at a smaller hotel. Late night shrieking, brawling and door banging; breakfast can be awful with hungover teenagers bragging about what or who they got up to the night before making sure everyone in the restaurant gets to hear about it and the pool can be like being on a school camp!

Edited: 7:53 pm, November 10, 2012