We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Crazy question...but!

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
848 posts
135 reviews
Save Topic
Crazy question...but!

Hello guys

This may sound crazy but has anyone heard the rumour that young couples plit up aft a holiday to bali? I have been hearning this quite a bit....is it true?

Cos of all the magic n stuff there???

Brisbane
Level Contributor
487 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Crazy question...but!

Haha. never heard that. I'm young and me and my partner found we were really close after we went to bali, it was a magical place to experience together and reconnect and relax. i wouldn't be too worried. i doubt people breaking up would be from the holiday! :)

Newcastle
Level Contributor
260 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Crazy question...but!

sorry to agree with you, but that is a crazy question. If you break up after a holiday its not because of the destination.....

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
848 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Crazy question...but!

Haha...yeah i know!

But there are quite a few of about how jealous locals or shamans or whatever casting spells n so on.

Ofcos with no disrespect to anyone in Bali, just stories which i heard and wondering if others heard so too...

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
251 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Crazy question...but!

You got to be joking.......pull my other leg :o)

Gosford, Australia
Level Contributor
403 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Crazy question...but!

Don't know about relationship break ups, but the shamans put a spell on me ...mmm in 1983 and I keep going back !!

SYDNEY
Level Contributor
1,970 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Crazy question...but!

OMG, like you madge40 I must have a spell on me as well I keep returning.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
25 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Crazy question...but!

Our local friend believes that couples shouldn't visit Tanah Lot together otherwise they will breakup. I cant remember the exact story but all i know is he flat out refuses to take his partner. I guess some of the Balinese can be rather superstitious.

Ballina, Australia
Destination Expert
for Pemuteran, Bali
Level Contributor
8,360 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Crazy question...but!

ClauJ, it is not so much a stupid question that you ask, it is that you have asked it on the wrong forum. This is a travel/tourist forum and would therefore not have a lot of information on local custom/beliefs. What you have heard about is an Indonesian belief not localised to Bali. Bali is an Island full of magic, both good and bad. The whole of Indonesia is filled with dukuns (magicians) who will only cause damage if someone has paid them to do so. The chances of a tourist coming to any part of Indonesia and being jinked by a dukun is almost non-existant.