We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone having problems with Blue Bird Taxi's

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
301 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone having problems with Blue Bird Taxi's

Hubby was speaking to someone that has just come back from Bali . This lady said that she was going into a Bluebird at Carrefour she asked him to put meter on and he was not too keen on doing so but he did she then noticed that the meter was clocking up rather fast when she said so to the driver he said yes more money for me . She got him to stop the taxi and she got out.

Is this something new. We have always choosen BlueBirds as we have never had any problems with them.

Lombok, Indonesia
Level Contributor
8,312 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: Anyone having problems with Blue Bird Taxi's

So in case some readers of this thread have missed it here is the link to a Bluebird webpage that describes the ready identification of one of their vehicles and their drivers.

Never accept these crazy payment demands, just give them the correct money and walk away.

Do understand however that if you book a Bluebird taxi then there is a Rp25,000 minimum payment, so if the meter shows Rp15,500, you pay Rp25,000, if it shows Rp23,000, you pay Rp25,000.

Generally a minumum payment of Rp10,000 is expected by most drivers with a hail down ride, some don't care about this and will provide change for an under Rp10,000 trip.

Their outlook always so impresses me that I then decline the change. That way everyone feels happy.

If a driver rips you off, or tries to rip you off don't give them what they are seeking, it only encourages them to try it out on someone else as well.

bluebirdgroup.com/passenger-transportation/r…

Look here balitourismboard.org/wp-content/uploads/2012… for a photo of a Bluebird taxi. Note the one ion the far background is also a Bluebird, that colour is used on some of the older fleet. Read through the details on the page provided by the first link, if the vehicle and the driver do not conform to that description then you are most certainly not engaging a Bluebird taxi.

There is subtle variation in the name used on the door, the Bluebird signifiers are the important detail to use in confirming identification.

Edited: 5:07 am, March 26, 2013
Melbourne
Level Contributor
318 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: Anyone having problems with Blue Bird Taxi's

We had a bad experience with a blue bird taxi driver in February, taking scenic route then turning off meter and then quoting ridiculous amount. When I told him that he should be treating tourist fairly and that I had his name and taxi number. The driver couldn't apologise more and kept telling us that he would take us to our destination no fare sorry, sorry. When we arrived at our destination my husband insisted on giving him what he thought to be appropriate fare with the driver not wanting to accept any money. I don't think that he would repeat this stunt in a hurry.

My husband mentioned next time in discussion with drivers tell them he is a policeman so as to avoid this happening again. We took many bluebird taxi's during our holiday no other problems.

nunya
Level Contributor
6,873 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
33. Re: Anyone having problems with Blue Bird Taxi's

yep , i got in one one night told him to go around the corner , as we went around the corner , i told him to turn right ...he said no , im not taking my taxi down there , pulled over to the left and told us to get out .....this was in legian ....bwahahahahaha i was PMSL .... didnt pay him a cent and got out !

I thought it was funny , but my mother didnt !

perth
Level Contributor
70 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
34. Re: Anyone having problems with Blue Bird Taxi's

Returned from Bali on Sunday after 5 great days in Seminyak. I reckon we would have used maybe a dozen taxis in this time, and at least a third of them wouldn't,at first, put the meter on. I found the best way around this was to joke with the driver by saying" Must be a free taxi, no meter, no fare! They all turned it on, some reluctantly, but have noticed this happening more frequently every time we go.

Darwin
Level Contributor
342 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
35. Re: Anyone having problems with Blue Bird Taxi's

I noticed in Sanur this trip that many of the drivers didn't want to turn on the meter, haven't experienced this in Sanur before, only Legian. Think they were just trying their luck, had a couple say something like "80k for this trip", we would just laugh good naturedly and ask for the meter, and they would laugh too.

I am sure they get a few people like this.

One guys told us 150k from Sanur Beach Hotel (South Sanur) to Northern End. We told him to turn on the meter, and husband make some joke that if the fare came to 100k he would pay 150. Trip came to 20K!!!!

We tend to just laugh it off, and make some funny comment like, "Cheeky bugger", and we all end up smiling.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
331 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
36. Re: Anyone having problems with Blue Bird Taxi's

In regards to Taxi's in Sanur, we don't bother just use the dark Green bemos they are constantly driving up and down the main road. We were paying 20 000 rp for 6 of us to go from A to B alot of fun too.

Geraldton, Australia
Level Contributor
170 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
37. Re: Anyone having problems with Blue Bird Taxi's

Came back from Bali on Sunday. We used Bluebird Taxis quite a bit in Legian and Sanur. All were great apart from one in Legian who quoted us a price of 50,000 for our short trip. I said no, I want the meter on please! He reluctantly put the meter on and the fare was 26,000 ... When I paid, I told him he would have got a good tip if he hadn't tried to rip us off at the start, he wasn't too happy :(

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
589 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
38. Re: Anyone having problems with Blue Bird Taxi's

Blue Bird Taxi's has Blue Bird Group written across the top off there window screen

mudwash
Level Contributor
1,318 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
39. Re: Anyone having problems with Blue Bird Taxi's

Yes but sometimes it is hard to see for us old ones. And there are taxis that are the same colour

Lombok, Indonesia
Level Contributor
8,312 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
40. Re: Anyone having problems with Blue Bird Taxi's

Look carefully at the door before you open it bluebirdgroup.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05…

On the later model darker blue metallic models it is a white number, on the earlier lighter blue cars the taxi number is in a darker shade of blue.

Then once you are inside look for this samyeap.com/wp-content/…dsc-0388.jpg

The taxi number (as on the door) is also displayed on the dash board, left hand side, on the top, near the windscreen glass and normally just under the ID card.

Edited: 12:37 am, March 29, 2013