We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seminyak Uma Sapna or Amana Villas

Manchester, United...
11 posts
Save Topic
Seminyak Uma Sapna or Amana Villas

Hello,

I'll be staying at Seminyak for 02 days and I'm confused whether to book a room at The Uma Sapna or the Amana villas. please help :-)..suggestions of any other hotel/villa with a Pvt pool and that falls within the price range of250-300USD with butler service in Seminyak would also help. Thanks

Ive got one free day, do you guys think it would be wise to spend 1 night in Jimbaran/amed our to stay at Seminyak and spend a day at Jimbaran/amed.

Thanks alot for your help.

Manchester, United...
11 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Seminyak Uma Sapna or Amana Villas

Any one??

Raipur, India
Level Contributor
292 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Seminyak Uma Sapna or Amana Villas

Hi

I have stayed at Uma Sapna 6 months back, and to be very frank, and though there is nothing very bad about it, i will not repeat my stay there. It is located conveniently very close to the commercial area of Seminyak, but it's a bit far from the beach and their breakfast/food quality is below average. Service was nice, and interiors are modern but very plain.

Haven't been to Amana Villas, so can't comment on food/service, pls check reviews on Trip Advisor. But it looks like its location is better and so are the interiors. Given a a choice now, I would book Amana now.

Manchester, United...
11 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Seminyak Uma Sapna or Amana Villas

Thank you for your advise Faltu G. Have you been to Jimbaran? Do you think its worth staying there for 1 night?

Geelong, Australia
Level Contributor
2,092 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Seminyak Uma Sapna or Amana Villas

Hi Stephen - thought I'd offer my opinion for you here on how many nights to spend in an area.....I think you have good advice from Faltu on the Villas and I don't know them so won't comment.

Your question is a bit confusing however due to your use of a / and the word amed. Are you suggesting that Amed is a destination?

And this may be why you haven't received many responses.

What I will suggest is that you do not spend just one night in an area UNLESS it is to be closer to the airport for arrival day or departure day. Then it makes sense. Obviously Jimbaran is closer to the airport if that's what you are looking for. But Seminyak is a better base for shopping, eating at iconic restaurants, enjoying the sunset from La Lucciola etc.

Not sure if that's the type of advice you were after - if not then please clarify your question. Cheers.

Denpasar, Bali...
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Seminyak Uma Sapna or Amana Villas

HI Stephen.

May be i can recommend The Club Villas Seminyak, They has finished renovation for Executive Suite Pool Villa and they offer for Special price for me at arround USD 250 per night

I Have been stay at this villa on the last of September , the location is perfect, Just walking distance to shopping area and a lot of restaurant nearby.

Due to promotion period i got free shuttle to Seminyak Beach Club.

and free airport transfer.

Find them at the official website and you can bargain with them

i hope it can help.

Raipur, India
Level Contributor
292 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Seminyak Uma Sapna or Amana Villas

Hi Stephen,

Just to clarify is it your 1st time in Bali? Why don't you try a night or 2 stay in Ubud?

Jimabaran is nice and pleasant but you can always go there enjoy sunset and come back in the night, no need for night stay. Rockbar is a brilliant in Jimbaran, though a bit expensive. If you get time you can always plan a trip to Uluwatu on probably the same day as Jimbaran. I did that, loved it

Townsville...
Level Contributor
23 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Seminyak Uma Sapna or Amana Villas

I'm staying at MACA villas in Seminyak from October 26-30. I haven't stayed there before but they look beautiful online and have great reviews on here. We are paying $360 a night for a deluxe one bedroom villa but I think the standard was around $300 AUD including taxes. The rates they advertise online are more expensive but if you email them directly they offer a much cheaper rate. I'll let you know what the villas were like when I get back.

Manchester, United...
11 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Seminyak Uma Sapna or Amana Villas

Thanks alot guys for all your replies.

I've got a total of 9 nights in Bali, out of which I'm spending 04 nights in Ubud , 02 nights in Nusa Lembongan and 02 nights in Seminyak.

@ TanyaMumofTwo : Thank you Tanya. That was exactly what I wanted to know. Ive heard Amed is beautiful and so is Jimbaran. Since, I have very few days at Bali, I would'nt be able to visit all these places, and so I thought I could at least spend the 01 day that I have spare at any one of these places. Amed is really far away I guess, so Ive got to decide whether to spend the 01night at Seminyak or Jimbaran.

@Erwin S : Thank you Erwin, Ill have a look at the Club Villas :).

@Faltu: Thanks once again. This is my first time actually :). I definitely want to go the RockBar and have seafood on the beaches at Jimbaran. Therefore I wanted to know if its worth spending the 01 night at Jimbaran @ Ayana or to just extend my stay at Seminyak and then have a trip to Jimbaran.

@ CJ_Ando: Thank you.The Villa looks beautiful.Will have a detailed look at it. :)

Geelong, Australia
Level Contributor
2,092 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Seminyak Uma Sapna or Amana Villas

Hi again Stephen, that makes a bit more sense then:) and yes, perhaps Amed is just a bit too far given your plans so far.

Since you do already have 2 nights in Seminyak, maybe your 9th and final night could be in Jimbaran then? Especially as you are keen to do Rock Bar and the Jimbaran seafood. Very close to the airport....not sure what time your flight departs - since most flights home to Oz leave late at night, many travellers are often looking for hotels that offer late check out - but this may not be a problem for you? Indeed if it's an early one then proximity to the airport will be even more convenient:)

10. Re: Seminyak Uma Sapna or Amana Villas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:19 am, December 15, 2013