We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Destination Asia Indonesia

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
63 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Destination Asia Indonesia

Hi Guys,

My travel agent has booked me & my mum transfers to and from the airport to our hotel. On our itinerary it mentions us to contact Destination Asia Indonesia to confirm our details.

I haven't been about to find a contact number for them, has anyone else used them and have a contact number?

Thankyo =)

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,897 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Destination Asia Indonesia

There are only oversea's phone numbers on their webpage but there is a contact email in Australia, maybe try that. If no luck get more info from your travel agent :)

destination-asia.com/contact-us/…

Edited: 1:29 am, September 10, 2012
Mooloolaba...
Level Contributor
802 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Destination Asia Indonesia

Your agent should be doing that for you, we used them for transfers years ago. be prepared to have them try to sell you tours the whole way to your accom : ) And try to meet you in lobby the following morning for more of the same. Of course you can politely decline if you have done it all before.

Lombok, Indonesia
Level Contributor
8,312 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Destination Asia Indonesia

Looks like a marketing strategy to me.

Adelaide
Level Contributor
512 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Destination Asia Indonesia

they picked us up last year even tho I insisted to the TA that I did not want transfers! They came the 2nd day to the hotel, did the tour sell, got angry that we went jimbaran with out booking with them too! Hubby wanted to see the volcano and I wanted to go to celuk (sp?) and they took us on a great big "tour", got angry when we didn't want to go see wood carvings, got cross when I wanted to see the smaller silver stores ( as the one they took us to was horribly over prices and the one ring I did buy broke with in a week of being home!) took us to the volcano for a horribly overpriced yucky lunch and wouldnt let us walk around and got really really cross when we saw some shops in teglalang that we wanted to buy some bone carvings from! After this we wanted to go back to the hotel and cut our tour short, we politely declined the coffee tour and the batik tour and (suprise surprise) the tour guide was

Angry again, told us that we should go to these

Places as it was a set tour. I just catch a taxi or get my driver to pick me up now, I have no probs with him what so ever!! I known I can't paint the whole company with the same brush and maybe that tour guide no longer works for them. Her English was very good, the car was nice and clean and new, but it was a little too "you buy you buy" for my liking.

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
63 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Destination Asia Indonesia

Thankyou gabbyo for the link =)

Last time we had a transfer booked for us it had their company logo so it took a while for us to find the driver, I’m hoping with me contacting them they will have our names. Will have to wait and see.

I know what you mean when they push their service on you, last time we wanted to stop at a couple of small shops but the diver didn't stop in time. So on the next time shop we spotted we screamed out stop - at the end of the drive the tour guide wasn't happy and he wasn't there when it was time to take us to the airport.

Maybe we should take him literally when he said let him know if we want to check out any shops along the way...

the Kimberley, West...
Level Contributor
817 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Destination Asia Indonesia

Why continue to use a transport company that is difficult? Bali is bursting with drivers and transport companies, most of whom are very obliging and good value for money.

South Australia
Level Contributor
346 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Destination Asia Indonesia

presume you have booked thru Flightcentre. this is the company they used for our transfers in bali in 2011. We just said no to any extra tours and that we might think about it later. They were reliable for the transfers and provided a suitable vehicle (5 adults in our group so a sedan or taxi would have been too small) with cold water so no complaints. from memory they did ring our room about selling a tour but i just said no. the transfers were from airport to sanur and then to ubud and return to airport.

usually book my own accommodation etc just this time it was last minute in january peak and never having been to bali prior elected to have a transfer rather than muck around with a couple of cabs.

8. Re: Destination Asia Indonesia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, September 26, 2013