We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Garuda Airlines

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Garuda Airlines

I plan to use Garuda airline from Singapore to Denpasar sector on my honeymoon. I am little bit unsure if the charge for meals/baggage and other aspects which usually other airlines give for free. Also are their aircrafts very old and ill-maintained?

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
14,195 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Garuda Airlines

We always fly from Perth to Denpasar with Garuda, if possible. Food, drinks and baggage ( not sure how much. 20 or 25kg, I think.) are included. The planes are well maintained and not very old as far as I know. I've found them to be better than the other airlines that we can choose from.

Edited: 3:56 am, August 07, 2012
2. Re: Garuda Airlines

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 4:19 am, August 07, 2012
Edited: 4:19 am, August 07, 2012
New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Garuda Airlines

I plan to use Garuda airline from Singapore to Denpasar sector on my honeymoon. I am little bit unsure if the charge for meals/baggage and other aspects which usually other airlines give for free..Also is there in-flight experience good?

Lombok, Indonesia
Level Contributor
8,312 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Garuda Airlines

They will be using a 737-800NG or an Airbus A330 for this service.

Garuda Indonesia is a full service airline.

Some of the 737-800NGs came to Garuda second hand and have a few years on them, others were purchased (or leased) new and have gone direct to Garuda.

Garuda do still operate some older aircraft but they are normally aircraft such as 737-500s deployed on shorter regional domestic routes and planned for replacement with newer generation aircraft as part of the airlines fleet rejuvenation and market expansion programs.

You concerns are understandable as Garuda used to operate a large number of aged aircraft with deceptively shiny new paint on them.

Garuda currently have a very good reputation for in-flight service in the region.

They are arguably not as good as Singapore airlines or the middle eastern carriers operating on routes passing through SE Asia but you will no doubt find this a pleasant and acceptable flight in a good late model aircraft with a capable flight deck and cabin crew.

Garuda operate their A330s and 737-800s through Singapore, they also operate to Dubai, Jeddah, Bangkok, Amsterdam, Tokyo, Korea, Malaysia, China, Australia, Hong Kong and other international destinations.

The 737-800NGs operate on shorter international routes and domestically.

Don't worry. It should be a pleasant trip. SIN-DPS is only a short flight so don't expect too much in terms of in-flight services, as there is not really a lot of time for it.

Edited: 4:30 am, August 07, 2012
Lombok, Indonesia
Level Contributor
8,312 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Garuda Airlines

SIN-DPS weight allowances for checked baggage are as follows :

- Business Class: 30 kg (66 lb)

- Economy Class: 20 kg (44 lb)

Garuda (Singapore) has a couple of special FAQ page for Singapore.

You may find some useful information there...

www.garudaindonesia.com.sg/travel-tips.htm

garudaindonesia.com.sg/…Baggage-Allowance

Edited: 4:36 am, August 07, 2012
New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Garuda Airlines

Thanks "freogal" and "j_hurcules" for taking the time out and helping me...really appreciate it

sydney australia
Level Contributor
3,665 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Garuda Airlines

I have flown that flight and its quick and you get a meal. Baggage allowance is good and its a full service airline.

The only downfall is that its all over and done within 90 minutes - if it were longer you could really kick back and enjoy the great ambience and service from this much revitalised airline

8. Re: Garuda Airlines

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:16 am, August 21, 2013