We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Swimwear

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
811 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Swimwear

Hi, looking for a store that sells ladies swimwear, not interested in the surf shops, as they cater for the young ones. Is there such a shop in legian/kuta area? Thanks

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
771 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Swimwear

on the first floor entrance of Discovery Centre, so up the stairs left side main entrance i.e across from Waterbom, there is a swim wear shop which caters for all i.e not just the young ones. But that is all that I have seen, probably best to purchase before you leave home. You dont want to get there and not find anything suitable

perth
Level Contributor
1,681 posts
240 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Swimwear

i think your better off getting them here. but i have looked in bali.

marks and spencers, inside front door of discovery has a fair selection.

topshop, just accross from marks has some.

blue glue, has lots of outlets including waterbom park entrance shop.

mataharis has lots of granny bathers (your not old enough yet)

good luck

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
19,135 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Swimwear

Yes, probably best to buy locally before you go as you wouldn't want to rock up in Bali swimsuitless and then not be able to find anything that you like.

Nothing worse really as you might have to end up swimming in your knickers and bra which I do sometimes at night when swimming quietly in the hotel pool.

Edited: 6:31 am, July 24, 2012
Canberra
Level Contributor
1,184 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Swimwear

There's some other recommendations here:

tripadvisor.com.au/…33965716

I have read several comments in the past about Climax swimwear, but haven't been there myself (yet!)

coffs harbour...
Destination Expert
for Tulamben, Lovina Beach
Level Contributor
6,716 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Swimwear

I always get my swimmers made at Climax. They copy an aussie pair which cost $130, for 250,000rp, takes a couple of days. They also have their own styles.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
185 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Swimwear

Dont know whether this is off topic or not but...keen to get a bra copied and wondering whether there might be a chance of Climax being able to do it?

It is very plain (Target - they stopped making it!) with no lace. It is underwired with just one piece of fabric per cup (D!).

Any other suggestions for a place that might copy a bra - I could source the fabric and "parts" here if they are unlikely to have them there.

Cheers

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Legian
Level Contributor
5,753 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Swimwear

I always take my own cossies,however the swim wear section in Centro in Discovery Mall have some lovely swim wear and also very affordable.I have actually bought a few there over the years and they have survived very well.

coffs harbour...
Destination Expert
for Tulamben, Lovina Beach
Level Contributor
6,716 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Swimwear

Chasethedream...there is a bra shop quite close to Climax, I have read on another forum that they will make bras. The shop is on Jl Legian, left hand side if you start walking from Jl Melasti towards Kuta.

If you do get the bra copied, please let me know how you get on....I also use a now discontinued Target bra which is the most comfortable I've ever had and would also like to get some copied made.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
185 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Swimwear

Thanks cbimages for that info - hope they can help me replace my favourite but dying bras!

Cronulla, Australia
Level Contributor
340 posts
383 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Swimwear

I live in a beach suburb in sydney it is hard to buy a costume under $200

We go every year to bali and while there buy our swim wear for $20 AUD at Hardies in Sanur the costumes are on the ground floor straight ahead after entering the front door of the shop

They have an amazing range from sizes 8 to 20

they are worth checking out