We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bali Arts Festival

Bangalore
Level Contributor
46 posts
63 reviews
36 helpful votes
Bali Arts Festival

Any inputs on Bali arts festival? We will be there around that time. Anything interesting? We would like to watch some traditional dances and music

Warrnambool
Level Contributor
203 posts
1. Re: Bali Arts Festival

I definitely recommend attending some of the Bali Arts Festival program if you're there at the time. The opening parade, which I think is on the 9th, is a great spectacle. I have not been able to find a program yet as they release it closer to the event so keep a look out. There were very few tourists there when I went in 2007. I'm looking forward to seeing more this year.

Chris

Bangalore
Level Contributor
46 posts
63 reviews
36 helpful votes
2. Re: Bali Arts Festival

Namasaya Chris, thanks for the info. Where would I find more info about the festival? Pl share if you find any details. :)

Netherlands
Level Contributor
1 post
25 reviews
33 helpful votes
3. Re: Bali Arts Festival

I strongly recommend a visit to the Bali Arts Festival.

Of course don't miss the opening Parade on june 6.

You can seen all kind of traditional groups from all over Bali (and even Japan,etc) dancing , singing and maing traditional music.

During the rest of the month you can visit some dance performings in Denpasar.

Look for the program on www.baliartsfestival.com.

Have fun and see you there !!

Mr.Arak

Warrnambool
Level Contributor
203 posts
4. Re: Bali Arts Festival

I had heard that the opening parade is on the 9th. The program still has not been released. I leave for Bali on Saturday and am planning to attend the opening. I hope the program comes out soon.

Ballina, Australia
Destination Expert
for Pemuteran, Bali
Level Contributor
8,874 posts
49 reviews
80 helpful votes
5. Re: Bali Arts Festival

The Bali Arts Festival is being held from June 11th - July 7th, 2012. Opening ceremony will be on the 11th in the afternoon starting at The Monument of the People's Struggle at Renon.

The program is not out yet.

San Diego, Ca.
Level Contributor
213 posts
40 reviews
16 helpful votes
6. Re: Bali Arts Festival

We will be in Bali 7-12 June and from what I understand the Opening Parade wil be on 11 June. This comes from the Bali Discovery Tours

web site as of 5/30/2012. If anyone has any newer information would certainly appreciate seeing it.

Thanks,

Bob Young

Bangalore
Level Contributor
46 posts
63 reviews
36 helpful votes
7. Re: Bali Arts Festival

When would the entire schedule be available?

Carlsbad, California
Level Contributor
1 post
16 reviews
17 helpful votes
8. Re: Bali Arts Festival

I went maybe 10 different days and was able to capture some really nice photos of dances you wont see any where else..

Edited: 1:35 am, February 17, 2013
9. Re: Bali Arts Festival

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, February 19, 2014