We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dental Work in Bali

AUSTRALIA
Level Contributor
37 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Dental Work in Bali

Hi Guys.............is it worth getting dental fillings done/replaced in Bali and if so, do you have and 'dental clinics' you can recommend?

Also.........Any costings?

Thanks.................

Kingscliff...
Level Contributor
39 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dental Work in Bali

I have had a lot of dental work in Bali and would not hesitate to get more. I have had crowns done at Bali 911 Dental Clinic. They are open from 10am to 10pm. The email I have is iguizot@indosat.net.id.

I think the cost of a filling is $70AUD. This includes pain relief, x rays etc.

There are many posts here re dental treatment. There are many good reviews for a number of dentists.

Good luck

Ballina, Australia
Destination Expert
for Pemuteran, Bali
Level Contributor
7,326 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dental Work in Bali

My husband had 1 composite filling, teeth scaled and polished for Rp850,000 ($100 at the time). Dr Rudy at Klinik Bali Dental 911, Bali MAll Galeria, Kuta.

All the dentists who are popular with tourists, you need to book well in advance.

Golden Beach...
Level Contributor
1,112 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dental Work in Bali

There is also a highly recommended Dentist at Sanur a lady named Retno Agung, check out her name on Trip advisor lots of posts on Dentists and treatments.

AUSTRALIA
Level Contributor
37 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dental Work in Bali

Ok Guys............thanks for the info........leaving Friday, see what happens.

Cheers...............

New Zealand
Level Contributor
520 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dental Work in Bali

Retno Agung is still unwell and away from Bali at present :(

Melbourne, Australia
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Dental Work in Bali

Extremely unhappy with this dental clinic!

I have had major dental work done in Thailand with no problems, however this place had left me stressed, in tears and unable to sleep.

Today was my second visit after my first horrendous visit to have a cron done. Today was the day to have the permanent crown fitted. The so called dentist decided that the crown was to be fitted to another tooth! Like hello!

Once that was soughted out, I ws told they needed to drill more of my tooth away to fit my crown. Well thaqt has never happened before, Usually they have to drill a little off the top of the crown once in place like they do after a filling if it sits to high. I let them know that I want no more drilled off my origonal tooth as discussed at the first appointment, as no root canal was to be done, so we needed to ensure as much of the origonal tooth was left. Before glueing the tooth in placed I checked to see that the required mesial groove had been done on the crown to facilitate the partial denture to be fitted upon my return home. This had not been done. In fact when the so called dentist on this visit read the letter from my Aussie prosethis, she she read the incorrect tooth for the work to be done!!!!! So I finally soughted out that drama after a call to the dental lab they use. They fitted the crown and then replaced the temporary partial denture. After getting back to the hotel, I remover the partial denture only to discover that the crown does not cover the whole tooth!!!!! Not only that but the dentist has cut into part of my partial denture and left a big gap there which has a very sharp edge and now cuts the underside of my tongue everytime I talk or try to eat!!!!

Looks like I will have to go back again tomorrow and ensure that I speak to a fully qualified dentist who understands what you are saying and get the crown remade.

I would not advise using this dental practise. As per a previous post, root canals are not even performed by dentists here, but a dental nurse and this was on an Aussie doctor who is an expat here.

AUSTRALIA
Level Contributor
37 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dental Work in Bali

Just a little curious...............is this a setup by a competitor?

Grammar is poor even for an Ozzie, yet in the next sentence we get.... 'Before glueing the tooth in placed I checked to see that the required mesial groove had been done'

Still curious..........how does oneself check the 'mesial groove' while at the dentist?

As I said..................Just curious................Just asking?

Cheers..................:)

Geelong, Australia
Level Contributor
2,087 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dental Work in Bali

And indeed - which dental clinic is "Simone" talking about?

Melbourne, Australia
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Dental Work in Bali

I was very suss on the whole Mesial groove thing as well.

Did you end up getting work done Android ??

I've just found out I'm up for 5 crowns and extras so Bali is seeming like my best option.

Victoria
Level Contributor
80 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Dental Work in Bali

I thought same on Simone's experience, I am just back from Bali and for 1st time ventured to get a porcelain crown after getting quoted $1500 here, I went to Dr Rudy at Bali Galleria, emailed before I left & got 1st appt, they were awesome, needed a 2nd appt a week later. $350 for the crown and 2 fillings @$45 each, I was rapt and will return for a bridge next time (quoted $900). I spent more time in traffic than in dentist chair and all his staff are lovely too.