We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bali Buddhist Temples

carnarvon western...
Level Contributor
150 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Bali Buddhist Temples

Is there a buddhist temple near Ubud in Bali and if so can anyone help me with an address please.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
12,336 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bali Buddhist Temples

Do you mean Buddhist or Hindu?

There is only one Buddhist place that I know of and it's up near Singaraja.

carnarvon western...
Level Contributor
150 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bali Buddhist Temples

Hi

I mean Buddhist. and thank you for your reply.

Java, Indonesia
Level Contributor
1,853 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bali Buddhist Temples

Hi,

Its actually West of Singaraja, way past even Kalibukbuk and Lovina. I dont have the actual address but its in Banjar. Look for any West heading public transport. Ask to get off at the turn off for the Banjar hotsprings. From the junction of Banjar and the coastal road, get an ojek. There are sign postings for the Vilhara.

Cheers.

Java, Indonesia
Level Contributor
1,853 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bali Buddhist Temples

Hi,

My wife says the little town is called Dencarik. not sure but it might help when you look for it. Perhaps a DE can help.

good luck.

Victoria
Level Contributor
313 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bali Buddhist Temples

The Brahmavira Arama Buddhist Monastery is perched on a hill overlooking the sea it is located in Tegehe hamlet, the village of Banjar, near Lovina, in Buleleng Regency.

It is not a tourist attraction and a fully functional monastery with free entry and you can borrow sarongs should you need one.

If travelling from Kuta your looking at about 4-5 hours driving so you would probably want to make a trip out of it and stay around Lovina for a few nights..

For a few photos have a look at this link: http://www.bali3d.com/buddhist-temple.php

6. Re: Bali Buddhist Temples

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 pm, October 23, 2012