We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Years Eve

Perth
Level Contributor
105 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
New Years Eve

Hello everyone,

Has anybody been to Bali for New Years? Is it a good atmosphere?

Planning on going this New Years Eve and want to know what to expect.

Thanks in advance.

Deb

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
2,425 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Years Eve

We were there last for Xmas New Year 2010/2011

It is amazing. Fireworks going all night long from one end of the beach to the other, as far as the eye can see.

It is very busy, and the streets come to a stand still.......we rated it as one of our best!

Java, Indonesia
Level Contributor
1,853 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Years Eve

Ho Ho Ho !!!

It isn't even June yet.

Yes, it is great fun.

Townsville...
Level Contributor
50 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: New Years Eve

i will be in bali christmas/ new yrs 2011/ 2012- i am soooooo excited!

MIss PIxielix- any hints/tips?

do the hotels come alive as well?

is a mini beach party the go?

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
2,425 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New Years Eve

Shetar,

My personal opinion is to find a nice place to eat with views of the beach. This is what we did last year.

We just sat there all night in amazement.

As for a mini beach party....good luck finding a spot on the beach! The beaches are packed out with people letting off fireworks........it is quite a dangerous place to be......safety is not an priority.....but it is a fantastic sight.

A lot of hotels have their own NYE compulsory dinner, which you must pay for, but you dont have to attend......I think you will enjoy yourselves

Melbourne
Level Contributor
1,322 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New Years Eve

We were in Bali last NYE and it was fun, but sooooo crowded and busy! Driving anywhere leading up to NYE was a nightmare. We stayed in our villa for the evening which was the best option as it poured and the traffic was horrendous. There are fireworks everywhere for days, so that's a lot of fun. If you are lucky enough to be staying on the beach, then you will be able to see and hear everything which will be great. Depending on your hotel, you may have to pay a compulsory NYE dinner cost, so keep that in mind. Enjoy!

Edited: 11:38 pm, May 18, 2011
Townsville...
Level Contributor
50 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: New Years Eve

thanks so much Bali4eva and MissPixieLix for your comments. i am so excited. we are staynig on the beach- so a fun night in sounds like a great plan.

I have emailed the hotel and asked if there is any special events or activities planned for Christmas- and they haven't responded yet.

Were either of you there for Christmas as well? Whats Christmas like? We arrive on Christmas Eve- lunch time.

melbourne
Level Contributor
1,454 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: New Years Eve

hello shetar,

we also arrive xmas eve but not till late at night, we are you staying, we will be in legian. traci

Townsville...
Level Contributor
50 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: New Years Eve

Traci we are staying at Legian too!!

Puri Raja.

how long are you staying for? are u travelling with kids/ partner/ friends/ solo?

s.a
Level Contributor
74 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: New Years Eve

Hi,

We will be in legian as well,but not for new years,we will be in Ubud.

Is Ubud a good place to spend new years in,and whats the vibe like.

Thanks

melbourne
Level Contributor
1,454 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: New Years Eve

we are staying 18 days, just my partner and i as we are taking my son in sept. we stayed at the puri raja last sept and we just loved it. we will be just around the corner at kusnadi and also kumala pantai before going to sanur

traci