We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hatten Bali wines price & tase quality??

Surfers Paradise...
Level Contributor
1,491 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Hatten Bali wines price & tase quality??

Hi,

We are heading over in 8 weeks and its years since I tried Hatten wine - didn't like it at the time but hearing better reports now. We have 3 of our group who love their wine and I don't think our allowance will go very far with them. So we may have to try Hatten again. Can anyone give me the low down and also price.

Thanks

Mandurah WA
Level Contributor
161 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hatten Bali wines price & tase quality??

I actually didn't mind the Hatten Aga White last time I was there. I'd probably liken it to a cheap Australian wine such as yellowtail, or maybe even houghtons classic white. Dont get me wrong, its not a fantastic drop, but I found a glass or 2 quite drinkable as long as it was ice cold. Sorry can't remember price off hand.

Perth
Level Contributor
339 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hatten Bali wines price & tase quality??

I drink the Hatten Rose while in Bali, I quite like it. I haven't tried any of the others but was hoping to pop into the cellar door on my next trip. Wondering if anyone has been there?

Eaton, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome, Bunbury
Level Contributor
21,021 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hatten Bali wines price & tase quality??

Haven't found a white I like in Bali. Like Two Islands Shiraz and will drink Hatten's Rose with a lot of ice.

Sydney
Level Contributor
1,175 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hatten Bali wines price & tase quality??

Compared to our Aussie Drop IMHO it is GRAP. I would prefer a $1.98 Dan Murphys Clean Skin any day. But if you have no other choice enjoy.

Mandurah WA
Level Contributor
161 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hatten Bali wines price & tase quality??

Oh also, when we were there last week Ultimo had a wine promo on and they had a bottle of Margaret River wine (The Farm by Watershed) for 250,000RP or about AUD$28.

Nothing to do with Hatten I know, but a nice Aussie wine at a decent price :)

Leeds, UK
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
18,305 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hatten Bali wines price & tase quality??

Of the Hattens, I can just about drink the rose, providing it has some ice in it in order to numb your taste buds. The red I find has an almost seaweed taste on the finish. Expect to grimace, pull your lips back and bare your teeth on the first mouthful, but then you kind of get used to it.

Two Islands Shiraz though is well worth a go, very nice.

avalon beach nsw...
Level Contributor
604 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hatten Bali wines price & tase quality??

The manager of our villa had difficulty in finding bottled Hattens Aga White and purchased 2 ltr cask wine instead at rp 209,000 from Denpasar. We paid 300,000 from memory from Bintang. You need ice and to be sick of beer and cocktails! But definitely drinkable :)

Australia
Level Contributor
12,777 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hatten Bali wines price & tase quality??

As stated, the wine isn't fantastic, but if you really feel like a glass or two and don't want to pay over $100.00 a bottle, Hattens Aga White is quite quaffable. I don't drink red in the tropics.

perth
Level Contributor
363 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hatten Bali wines price & tase quality??

All of them are Undrinkable would not pay for them a few hotels we have stayed give them free and can not still drink them good luck

Australia
Level Contributor
12,777 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hatten Bali wines price & tase quality??

Not all are undrinkable :)

Like any brand , there are good and bad. There honestly are some decent local whites that don't taste like turps. I have had really awful wine in some restaurants where I suspect they have had an old cask for months, but mostly I can enjoy a chilled Aga or the like at the places along the beach strip. For 35,000rp that's ok .

As said, it won't be a Ngatawara but a little like a Jacob's Creek and that costs over $40.00 a bottle in Bali.:(