We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon in Bali, October 2006

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
534 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
Honeymoon in Bali, October 2006

Hey I'm looking for a really different place to take my soon to be wife. We are both in our mid 20's, from toronto, and we love white sand beaches and a little excitement. If you can help me out that would be great.

Thanks

Paul

Asia
Level Contributor
4,187 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon in Bali, October 2006

Hi,

If you're looking for really different place, then you can try staying in a villa in Seminyak. That's not too far from the action and the beach.

However, I don't know what your budget is.

Also, I have to tell you that the beaches are not white sand beaches. If you want white sand beaches, then you have to go to the islands in Thailand or Maldives (less action), Tahiti, etc...

Hope this helps.

Skopje, Republic of...
Level Contributor
69 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon in Bali, October 2006

hi

Skopje, Republic of...
Level Contributor
69 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon in Bali, October 2006

bali doesn't have white sandy beaches. it is specific because of hindu religion and has MANY temples.there are rice fielda, vulcanoes, crazy rivers for rafting, tropical adventure with monkey, elephant riding e.t.c.the beaches are not bad , but the ocean is pretty wild, so it's great for surfing, and not for swimming.All the hotels are in very, very honeymoon style, beautifull swimming pools, lots of flowers all over the place, relaxation masage e.t.c.maldives have the best golden beaches, but nothing else. I love to swim more than anything, but last year on bali I spent my honeymoon and it was the best time of my life. it was full of culture, adventure and romance (especially at sunset dinner in Jimbaran)

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
534 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Honeymoon in Bali, October 2006

We were thinking of staying at the bali tropic resort, with the all inclusive option. Is this a good idea, or should we opt out of the all inclusive. I am looking to sped approx $3000 usd for 14 days for meals and hotel.

Asia
Level Contributor
4,187 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Honeymoon in Bali, October 2006

Hi,

If I were you, I'd just take the hotel.

You can get loads of great food in Bali for very, very reasonable prices.

Are you planning to stay there for the whole 14 days? I'm asking that you can explore quite a bit of Bali since you have 14 days there, and the Bali Tropic is in the south, so you might want to re-think and stay in a few places in different parts of Bali, and I'd recommend trying a villa in Seminyak. It's just like a hotel, with personalised service and it's more private. However, most villas aren't located on beaches. The ones that have beaches are those in The Oberoi, The Samaya, etc, and these might burst your budget.

Most villas aren't very far from the beach though, so you would be able to walk there... e.g. The Ahimsa Estate, The Amasya. I like Villa Kubu, but it's further from the beach than the former 2.

Then again, if you want to stay on a nice beach, then it'll probably have to be Nusa Dua...

Hope this helps.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
175 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Honeymoon in Bali, October 2006

We got married in Bali in April last year, stayed in a few different places over 3 weeks. Friends of ours stayed in the Kayumanis villas in Nusa Dua, which are absolutely beautiful. They're not quite on the beach, but are linked by a pathway that only takes a few minutes to walk. In my opinion, the beaches in Nusa Dua are some of the best in Bali, and particulrly good for snorkelling. Unfortunately if you're looking for excitement, Nusa Dua is kind of quiet, but Kuta is only 25 minutes away by taxi. Hope this helps.

Atlanta
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Honeymoon in Bali, October 2006

Nukky - go to luxurylink.com and let your fingers do the searching. All are top of the line luxury resorts. Check their site, read their mag reviews. Check each auction resort through tripadvisor or whatever means you can to confirm the destination. All packages are for 2. Most are all inclusive. i.e. Bali, 5 days, 5 Star resort, all meals, beverages, excursions, etc. Retail: $2500 - Auction: $950. Check out the South Pacific, Africa sites, the ones in Europe are fabulous, also. The Crib is overrated. Too many DEA to have a good time. Remember they are poor countries down there and everyone is looking for money.

Ya'll have a good time.

Dixie Chick