We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bali Visa on arrival and departure tax

Brisbane, Australia
6 posts
Save Topic
Bali Visa on arrival and departure tax

So its getting pretty close to my big adventure in Bali by myself

can someone please tell me about the visa on arrival

I have searched online and this site and only see info about it costing us$25 do you have to pay in US$s ?? I was planning on exchanging my aus$s when I got to Kuta but Do I have to have some to pay for my visa ??

I have read posts about the departure tax so I'm aware that I have to make sure I have enough local currency for that

This is only the 2nd time I have travelled OS and my first time by myself so any advise would be most welcome !!

and I have posted before about spending money :-) Aus $2000 for 10 days will be plenty right ??

Swansea, United...
Level Contributor
92 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
41. Re: Bali Visa on arrival and departure tax

Can you pay in English pounds?

Lombok, Indonesia
Level Contributor
8,312 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
42. Re: Bali Visa on arrival and departure tax

The VoA is formally US$25.00.

However other major currencies are normally (informally) accepted without complication, that includes GBP.

A nominal forex rate at or slightly below the prevailing market rate is applied, if the rate is fluctuating a lot then a little below the lower of the range will likely be applied.

Change is normally provided in Indonesian Rupiah.

The quickest, least confusing and most straightforward method is to pay in USD.

If it is too time consuming, or expensive to obtain the required USD prior to departure then perhaps just pay in GBP whilst understanding that the acceptance of other that USD is only an informal arrangement.

Swansea, United...
Level Contributor
92 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
43. Re: Bali Visa on arrival and departure tax

Thanks for your reply I will get some USD before we go

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
44. Re: Bali Visa on arrival and departure tax

i have been plenty of times and depends on what you want to do and if it is only you $1500 will be plenty .

there was 2 of us and we went site seeing and bought clothes and we only went through $1000 between the 2 of us.

Perth, Australia
1 post
Save Reply
45. Re: Bali Visa on arrival and departure tax

Please confirm that on arrival at Bali each person pays us$25 and on departure 150.00 Rupiah per person

Leeds, UK
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
18,568 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
46. Re: Bali Visa on arrival and departure tax

It's good to see this thread from 2011 appearing like an old zombie friend from the grave.

Welcome to the Bali forum Linda. The cost of the visa on arrival is $25USD per person. You can pay this in USD, AUD, GBP or whatever other major currency you want to pay this in; and you will be charged the equivalent of $25USD. You can even pay by card (hope that I'm not stood behind you in the queue if you do this).

Departure tax is still 150000Rp per person.

Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
47. Re: Bali Visa on arrival and departure tax

Thank Happynoodleboy for the latest update . They could have built 3 Airports by now with all the collected Departure Tax over the years

Edited: 5:07 am, August 20, 2013
48. Re: Bali Visa on arrival and departure tax

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 5:35 am, August 31, 2013
Newcastle
Level Contributor
149 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
49. Re: Bali Visa on arrival and departure tax

Can I pay for the Voa at Sydney airport flying Garuda with eftpos?

Leeds, UK
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
18,568 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
50. Re: Bali Visa on arrival and departure tax

http://www.garuda-indonesia.net.au/faqs

The FAQ indicates it's cash AUD only.