We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

So what's with the crappy new format?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,360 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
So what's with the crappy new format?

O.k. So now we have banners in the MIDDLE of the forum?

What is next, pop-up ads?

Please tell me if I'm the only regular who thinks this is going too far.

If this format stays, I go and I expect Jadedu, and the others will go too.

Too bad, it WAS a good forum...

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,360 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: So what's with the crappy new format?

O.k., before you think I'm crazy here, the format has now apparently changed back.

And, really, it wasn't just me; check the Hong Kong forum for at least one other expert who saw and felt the same.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,360 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: So what's with the crappy new format?

And back yet again.

If you're not happy with this please post here and email expedia, etc. and other advertisers.

Until then, I'm off this forum.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,360 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: So what's with the crappy new format?

I should add that the consensus seems to be that they are testing a new layout, on and off. I've taken the trouble to email tripadvisor directly as well as their advertisers appearing on the banner. I suggest you do that as well. The advertisers response has been rapid here given that I emailed them late in the evening, their replies have been coming in indicating they are going to investigate and speak with tripadvisor. I suggest only a strong email response from all of you will save us from this continuing annoyance (odd, too, since I used to patronize and recommend several of those advertisers which I am now boycotting; there are lots of alternatives in the market) and save this site from becoming just another advertising vehicle.

Level Contributor
157 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: So what's with the crappy new format?

Hi Rob1,

I am with you. It kind of confusing and has misled me from reading rest of the replies until I realised that there are more underneath the banner. Very disturbing indeed. Hope they will revert to the old friendly format.

Moozy.

Wales UK
Level Contributor
304 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: So what's with the crappy new format?

totally agree with you - we dont need advertising in amongst readings

Australia
Level Contributor
61 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: So what's with the crappy new format?

I also agree I find the new format annoying, however this is a great forum and hopefully it will return to the previous format.

Asia
Level Contributor
4,187 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: So what's with the crappy new format?

I just finally saw the new format.

Old format good. New format bad.

People may miss out on the posts at the bottom. When I got to the page, the first thing I thought was "only so few posts? Is there something wrong with my computer?"

DO NOT like the advertisement in the middle.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,360 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: So what's with the crappy new format?

If you're not happy with the (terrible) new layout please post here -a-n-d- email expedia, etc. and the other advertisers.

I really don't know but expect the testing layout is being done to see if you click on the ad banner, so please don't (access the advertisers from Google or your local search engine). They all have contact info. which will vary by geographic location.

Level Contributor
157 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: So what's with the crappy new format?

Good to see the old format is back. Cheers to TA!

Moozy