We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport money changer

Cairns, Australia
Level Contributor
98 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Airport money changer

What is the exchange rate in comparison to money changers in town. Arriving at night and organised an airport pickup but staying at New Kuta Condotel. Does anyone know if there are Kodak type (reputable) money changers at Dreamland Beach?

Caloundra, Australia
Level Contributor
2,353 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport money changer

THe money changers at the airport are fine to use. There's so many of them in a line right there, and so many in Bali in general they have to be. DIfferences in exchange rates for the small amounts tourists change at a time are pretty neglible really. No point to get all bothered about getting 7930 rupiah per dollar or 7985 per dollar really> not when we then go blow 100s of 1000s on Stuff.

Wollongong...
Level Contributor
2,118 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport money changer

I only change a $50 at the airport , which is enough to get me and my girls to the hotel and a few snacks till the next day and change more money in kuta

my travel blog

…blogspot.com/2010/05/bali_30.html

Cairns, Australia
Level Contributor
98 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport money changer

Thanks for that Newgabe. I know it will be a better rate than at the hotel but we need enough for a couple of days. I guess I should have asked is there authorised money changes at Dreamland Beach where we are staying.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
13,912 posts
318 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport money changer

hi as mentioned the airport exchangers rate only varies slightly so exchange some there for sure. As for where you are staying at dreamland you won't get a big choice of money exchangers at the spot you are staying, the resort will exchange money but often the rate is much lower than the airport or the kodak shops etc. get your money before you go there OR IF you intend to use their free shuttle service to kuta you can exchange more money when you go in there for a look around, the other option is to ask the driver who is picking you up to take you to an authorized money changer before he drives you to the new kuta condotel.

If you go on their shuttle bus to the bali collection in nusa dua and wish to exchange money there it will not be much / if any different to the airport. rates are slightly higher in kuta area.

Since you state you need money for a couple of days and will be 20+ km from kuta then you really won't lose much by exchanging a few hundred at the airport and it will be more convenient for you.

5. Re: Airport money changer

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:15 am, March 21, 2011