We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trip from Ubud going East and North what to see???

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,648 posts
204 reviews
Save Topic
Day trip from Ubud going East and North what to see???

We are currently planning a day trip out from Ubud heading East and North.

Current plan is: Klungkung Markets (do they operate on a Sunday?) and up to Sideman.

What else is there to see in this neck of the woods?

Not swimming, snorkling, white water rafting, monkeys or elephants.

Thanks

Pam

Cheshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Bali, Amed
Level Contributor
3,146 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day trip from Ubud going East and North what to see???

Kerta Gosa at Klung Kung has a small museum & a council chamber which has amazing paintings on the ceiling. Not sure about the markets on a Sunday but I'll find out for you. You could then take the Sidemen road & drive through Selat & Sidemen for rice terraces & scenery. Then take the coast road from Ujung to Amed, takes longer than the inland road but well worth it for the views of bays & jukungs lined up on the beaches far down below. You could go snorkelling directly from the beach in several places in Amed

Return from Amed via the inland road, stop off at Tirtagangga water gardens, there are stepping stones across one of the ponds, 2 spring fed pools for swimming, water's cold but fun! it's so peaceful, one of my favourite places. Some spectacular rice terraces nearby & a short drive to Budakeling where you'll find gold & silversmiths. There's also the Bali Aga village at Tenganan where they practice unusual customs. just past Kusamba is Pura Goa Lawah, the bat cave temple. You then pass through Padangbai & Candidasa where you can stop at one of the beaches or for a meal maybe.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,648 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day trip from Ubud going East and North what to see???

Thanks Ursie57.

I will have a look at these places.

Particularly interested in Tenganan and also Budakeling as I want to buy some silver. How does the quality and cost compare to Celuk?

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,648 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day trip from Ubud going East and North what to see???

I am looking for more suggestions please.

4. Re: Day trip from Ubud going East and North what to see???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, January 05, 2011