We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jbr March 2010

Mandurah, Australia
Level Contributor
1,488 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
Jbr March 2010

Hi guys

we are just back from a short 7 day trip up to Bali......Thanks Batt for letting me know about the cheap tickets.

We used this trip to purchase some furniture for our house, so thanks Whinnie and Snooky for the advice you gave and for the Shipping contact. Nancy was great and we were able to get quite a bit done in just one day....Now we just wait for the furniture to come - I think we did quite well.

We did two days touring with Dean and one of his other drivers and as usual had a great time with both. Then is was just three days of swimming, massages and shopping.

We stayed this time at the Suriwathi Hotel in Garlic lane. The Suritwathi is quite cheap, very clean and simple. For the price we paid about $45/night was more than we expected. Don;t consider staying there if you need room service and tea and coffee facilities in your room tho, also no phone but it was great cos no one could get hold of you hahaha. The beds were as comfortable as any I have slept in in Bali, breakfast was a choice of 4 packages and enough for us. We purchased a cheap kettle and the supermarket (aprox $2) for coffees in the morning....LOL i managed to boil it dry cos i forgot it was on so from then we borrowed Batts and Bigfoots.

We met at La Mondes for the trip advisor get together and met up with Advantour, Sydney Rockpool, Teki, Mick and Sandro and of course Batt....we had a great night talking, laughing and drinking some unmentionable drink.

All in all a great break and good to catch up with other TA members.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
13,974 posts
317 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jbr March 2010

glad you had a good time and managed to buy your furniture. I am sure your things will arrive in A1 condition as Nancy and her team do a fine job of wrapping and packing everything.

when are you heading over again?

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
12,336 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jbr March 2010

Thanks for the report Red. So glad your furniture shopping went well. It will be like christmas when it arrives.

You can never judge just how good for the soul, a short break like that can be, can you?

Mandurah, Australia
Level Contributor
1,488 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jbr March 2010

LOL Snooky......as soon as i have some more money to spend and am able to con the boss into it.

Trudy even just that short break was good for the soul....and the back, oh i do miss those massages LOL.

hopefully some cheap tickets will come up again...that always makes it easier to justify LOL

Cheshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Bali, Amed
Level Contributor
3,223 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jbr March 2010

Glad to hear that you enjoyed your break & that your shopping trip was successful. Thought you might still be in recovery after your hard night's drinking & dancing with Batt...ha ha!

Tweed Heads...
Level Contributor
1,329 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jbr March 2010

Sounds like a well planned trip! Must have been there at about the same time, such a pity we just missed the get together sounds like it was lots of fun.

I like the comment about even a short trip being good for the soul. I felt exactly the same. It really felt much longer than it really was. It was back to work for the late shift last night, so it's starting to wear off already :-(. Off to work again in an hour, so I'll try to get a JBR together soon.

Look forward to your new furniture arriving!

Mandurah, Australia
Level Contributor
1,488 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Jbr March 2010

Hahaha Ursie,

try as Batt might, I only pole danced once!!! and since i can remember it I can't have been drunk right????

Asia
Level Contributor
4,187 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Jbr March 2010

Woot! Sounds like you had fun!!!!!

I wanna go there!!!! :-)

8. Re: Jbr March 2010

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, September 12, 2010