We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fishing in Bali

Oslo
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
Fishing in Bali

Hi there

Going to Bali for a three week stay in May. And I want to take my boyfriend fishing, since he loves it!

I searched around the forum and couldn't get any clear and concise answer on where to go, so I posted this topic here. We are staying in Sanur, so I would really appreciate tips on where to go that isn't too far away from Sanur. Maximum an hour drive one way maybe... And we will not bring any fishing equipment from home, so we need someone who can rent us some. I have checked out the website for balifishing but wasn't too impressed.

Thanks in advance for any replies! :)

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Seminyak, Ubud, Bali, Dublin
Level Contributor
6,995 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fishing in Bali

Hi,

I heard before that Balinese are not really turned towards the sea... maybe that's why you could'nt find much. Maybe it's just an urban legend...

Some of the ferry companies that transport people to Lembongan and the Gilis offer chartered fishing trips.

Also I've found this on Google.

http://www.enafishing.com/

http://www.bwsbali.com/bali-fishing/

Edited: 4:28 pm, February 22, 2010
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
2,065 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fishing in Bali

Hi ling

Have a look at www.filosbali.net under 'fishing'

gold coast
Level Contributor
1,609 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fishing in Bali

last year we stayed at the lokha hotel in padmar street and got to know the security gaurd verey well he has a brother that does fishing trips out off sanur the other guys we met at the hotel used him a few times try him good value cant remember the cost but it was not much a head even got lunch when we got back all fish cleaned for you kobrob

Eaton, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome, Bunbury
Level Contributor
20,979 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fishing in Bali

My husband generally does one fishing trip each time we are in Bali and he loves going out with the locals in their wooden boats (jakungs). He reckons he has as good a day out with those guys as he does in a flashy fishing charter back here.....try it out. Just ask any of the staff where you stay and/or just wander down the beach and ask the locals there with their boats.

perth
Level Contributor
1,675 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fishing in Bali

im soo with you soo. my brother(from england) usually meets us in bali and he thinks the local fishing is far better than the tourist outfits. just ask your pool guy,barman, concierge etc they will get their kickback and you get a great day out with their brother/cousin/uncle who cares what they are and you get a great days fishing. you might get invited to eat the catch with them on the beach.

Oslo
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Fishing in Bali

Thank you so much for replying! :)

I thought about just winging it when we got down there, but I just wanted to check if some of you knew any locals that could arrange a intimate fishing experience. But I will probably just figure something out when we go down there :)

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
841 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Fishing in Bali

I'm definitely keen to go on a local boat and help them catch fish for the day.

I'm not into "sport fishing" - so going out on a big boat chasing tuna and marlin holds no appeal.

I'm spending 5 days in Canggu - i'm fairly sure that is a fishing village - so my plan was to walk down one afternoon and see if i could go with them the following day?

thoughts?

8. Re: Fishing in Bali

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, August 23, 2010