We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where's Whinnie?

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
12,336 posts
94 reviews
Save Topic
Where's Whinnie?

Hi all, I thought I would steal a leaf from Burns' page and give a titbit of our travels.

At this very moment I have just woken up from an LLD (little lie down), after lunch. I am sitting on the daybed on our balcony of our room on the beach on Lembongan Island. Yes, Ilab, that is the balcony of the surfer's Losman, we are staying at, lol. If I look up I am looking west towards Bali, the sun is shining, there is a beautiful breeze and the boats on the water in front of me are bobbing on the very blue, very clear water. We have a view worth millions of dollars and are loving it. It is budget accommodation but oh what a location. We even have our own ensuite bathroom (too old now to share, lol) and can report that this is the first outdoor bathroom we have ever had where it is very possible to get sunburnt whilst sitting on the toilet......

This morning was spent snorkelling with 5 other people (all very much younger and slimmer than us) at 2 amazing locations closeby. But am pleased to report that this old girl put up a good showing and managed to keep up with them all and in some cases outlast them. It was $12 well spent.....

This afternoon we have booked 2 (yes 2) scooters to go exploring the island on our own. If you know anyone on Lembongan at the moment, please contact them to warn them. I haven't riden a scooter in about 30 years so this will be very interesting....

Well must run now, have places to go, people to meet and bintang to drink. Busy, busy, busy........

Adventure Scuba Diving Bali
Scuba & Snorkeling, Boat Tours, Water Sports, Private Tours, Day Trips
Euro Dive Bali
Scuba & Snorkeling
Terrigal, Australia
Level Contributor
3,078 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where's Whinnie?

i thought this was going to be like where's wally. the title sucked me in.

anyway where's RT

i typing from my 'cave'. the rays of the sunset are flittering through the trees, lighting up my cave in a calming ambience. the day has been hot with just a hint of cooling breeze on the beach. i spent the morning walking the isolated bush track to Box Head and Little Tallow Beach. i shared this beach with a few crabs and my own thoughts.

so it looks like your having a good relaxing time. enjoy. RT

Eaton, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome, Bunbury
Level Contributor
21,707 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where's Whinnie?

Your presence on these posts has been missed - you know so many of the questions people ask.

Great fun on Lembongan isn't it. Go to Bali Hai for sunset drinks - all the crowds have gone back to the mainland by then.

Have a great holiday and don't get sunburnt.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
2,065 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Where's Whinnie?

Hi Whinnie

If you want to know Where's Burns she's in B....y cold Adelaide.

Pure bliss!and i'm not envious,much!

Continue to enjoy yourselves.

Cheers

Burns

Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
14,004 posts
317 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where's Whinnie?

well whinnie my bags are almost packed. i will be in beautiful bali in a few days. looking forward to our dinner together and lots of massages, bintangs and fresh fruit juice. not to mention every other thing we have whilst in bali. i hope the scooter adventure went well. i am sure noodles will be interested in the 'sunburn toilet'. see you soon

Leeds, UK
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
19,045 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where's Whinnie?

Thanks for the update Wally.

Sydney
Destination Expert
for Seminyak, Bali, Canggu, Kerobokan
Level Contributor
8,581 posts
308 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where's Whinnie?

Hi Whinnie

I have been wondering about you since Tuesday night and am very glad to hear that you are not lost on Lembongan! Glad to hear you have your own toilet, even if it is in the sun! I have just come back from lunch at Biku after an amazing massage with Yanto. i am ready for a nanny nap. You sound very busy and far too energetic for me but then again you are years younger......

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,495 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where's Whinnie?

Dear Whinnie, don't exert yourselve too much. I have taken the liberty of notifying Lembongan Police to clear the streets and have an ambulance on standby. Just a tip, sunscreen applied to the cheeks (that haven't seen a lot of sun) when snorkelling for long periods of time is a must. This learn't the hard way on a trip to cairns in my younger days. Third degree burns to this area is bound to spoil the holidays. Enjoy your bintang, I am off to cook dinner for the army (this being my family). They do not call us rent-a-crowd for nothing.

Australia
Level Contributor
12,777 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where's Whinnie?

Oh thanks Whinne, i get sucked in reading and enjoying and you stop.....

More later please.:)

Perth Australia
Level Contributor
1,061 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Where's Whinnie?

Hi Whinnie glad to hear you are still enjoying yourself, we arrived back in Perth last night it is cold here.

It was lovely meeting up with the TA people in Bali nice to put faces to names.

Have a bintang for me.

cheers harro

Asia
Level Contributor
4,187 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Where's Whinnie?

Waaaaaaaaaaah!!! That's me wanting to go to Bali - wait, then again, that's the baby crying!

Where's Whinnie? Enjoying herself in Bali. :-)

Where's Jade? Somewhere in between the changing table for the baby, or her bedroom, trying to catch 40 winks or plopped in front of the telly, feeding baby or at the bin throwing the disposable nappies away or taking baby to hospital for checkups or going to work or, or....!! Waaaaaaah! But enjoying zombiefied every minute of it. ;-P