We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Villa Rental for 12 people

Nice, France
Level Contributor
51 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Villa Rental for 12 people

Hello

We are planning to have a family reunion at Bali and I would be so thankful if someone could give some advice:

1. We are 6 adults and 5 children. Anyone that could recommend a luxury villa with staff?

2. Is 14 days too loooong to just stay in Bali? Will it be boring? Should we maybe go to malaysia and then Bali, to get a more diverse vacation?

3. Is October a good month to go?

4. What beach/town is best for kids?

Thanks

Bali
Level Contributor
639 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Villa Rental for 12 people

Some random person sent me an sms for a beachfront villa in Seminyak for 10+ people, fully staffed. I don't really know anything about it, but I can find out.

My family (of 13) are coming over next year and I booked 2 villas next door to each other in Seminyak.

14 days is definitely NOT too long!

October is still usually good.

Anywhere between Kuta and Seminyak is good. Kuta has lots more activity, but it is a little crazy. Base yourselves in Legian or Seminyak for sanity, good eating and quieter beaches. Taxis and car rental is cheap to get around. However, if the kids are really young, Sanur is a much safer beach (flat water), but the expats here call it Snore... not a great deal to do, but it is a lovely little beachside town.

Byron Bay, Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Legian
Level Contributor
3,494 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Villa Rental for 12 people

There are many many villas in Seminyak that would suit your needs. Try Laksmana villas, Green Garden villas and Serene villas to name a few. 14 days in Bali is not lnog enough!!! A month is not long enough! You will not bne bored, there is so much to see and do and so much diversity from the top to the bottom of the island. October is a great month to go, although it can be hot and humid. I have visited Bali for the past two Octobers and the weather was absolutely perfect!!! I am there again this October. Kids are welcome everywhere in Bali, the Balijnese love them. Just depends what you like. If it's the beach then Sanur, Legian and Seminyak are great with lots of fantastic shopping, spas and restaurants. For culture you must head to Ubud and from there you can explore the rest of the island.

Eaton, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome, Bunbury
Level Contributor
21,000 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Villa Rental for 12 people

Hello. Not sure if it's what you are after but have a look at www.balquisse.com We first visited this beautiful place a couple of years ago and would love to stay sometime. We were staying in a resort close by and took advantage of their lovely restaurant and had both breakfast and dinner there - very nice.

As you can see on their website, they have a number of villas available each with a different number of bedrooms available.

The beach near these villas is Jimbaran Bay and I consider it a great place for both adults and children to play and swim.

October is a good time to visit at the start of their Wet or Rainy season - though you probably will see little rain. Jimbaran Bay is a little out of the main shopping/nightlife areas but is only around 15 - 20 minutes away from those in Nusa Dua or the Legian/Seminyak areas.

If you stay, I would love to hear through a post on this forum if you loved staing at this beautiful resort. Have a lovely holiday.

Nice, France
Level Contributor
51 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Villa Rental for 12 people

Thank you so much for all advice. Our kids ar between 7 and 11 so they all can swim very well. We do however want a villa just for us with a chef and staff. We are having a reunion so we want something very nice. I looked at BHM managments villas that looks nice , anyone stayed in any of their villas?

Singapore
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Villa Rental for 12 people

Hello ,

You may want to consider villas in the Uluwatu area in the south west peninsula such as sulubancliffbali.

You can make Uluwatu temple visit nearby with kecak dance and at the villa you may spot monkeys too. For the ocean just beneath, we spotted dugong, turtles and if really lucky the dolphins too.

Suluban Beach below is secluded giving you a feel of your private beach. Then when tides receed, everyone especially the children will enjoy going for a walk on the beach, spot the marine life, seaweed harvest by the locals.

Yes,October should still be a good month to visit Bali before the onset of the rainy season.

You may also like to take the kids on a day out at Water Bom in Kuta.

R J M

Bali, Indonesia
Level Contributor
1,076 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Villa Rental for 12 people

Hi KlingFrance,

Second week on October is the Galungan and Kuningan, the Balinese big holiday. Extremely attractive for tourists. October is normally a good month, but looks like the raining season has started since a couple of weeks a go with a bit of rain in the evening. No rain for the last 2 days, although it's cloudy on and off.

The best beach for kid will be Sanur, there's Dampati villa just 5 minutes walk to the beach. You can take 2 villas of 3 bedroom there.

There's Majapahit villa, Sanur Residence and Ylang Ylang. They are all beach front, off Sanur, the beach is more raft compare to Sanur center. The nicest is Majapahit, rate for 6 bedroom is US$1,000/night.

There are several 3 bedroom villa in Nirwana Bali (Le Meridien) area, so you might consider it if anybody play golf in your family. The beach is coral and big surf, not ideal for your kids.

Hope it helps,

Sandra

7. Re: Villa Rental for 12 people

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, March 10, 2010