We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Villa in Ubud

canada
14 posts
Save Topic
Villa in Ubud

1) Any suggestions for a villa in Ubad?

2) In your opinion, would a villa be better in Ubud or a hotel? My fiance and I are planning to do a villa in Seminyak so we are tossed between the 2 for Ubud.

3) Any "must" see places in Ubud or places to eat?

* Thank you in advance for the time some of you take out to write back. I am taking your opinion into consideration very seriously. *

Asia
Level Contributor
4,187 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Villa in Ubud

Hi,

1) Do you want a privately owned villa or a villa compound?

For the latter, there places like Uma Ubud, Pita Maha, Royal Pita Maha, Kamandalu, Komaneka, etc...

The privately owned ones are not as convenient as those which are part of a compound, I think, basically because Ubud doesn't have taxis plying their street, unlike Seminyak.

The only One bedroom villa I know in Ubud (privately owned) is the Villa Sati - same owners as Villa Vajra. You can google them to find out more.

We also don't know your budget, so it's a bit difficult to help you out.

2) I'm all for villas, but if it's not within your budget, then a hotel is also quite nice - esp since you are already going to experinece a vilal stay. Then again, Ubud and Seminyak are different. In Ubud, your villa can have sweeping views of the valley, but not in Seminyak.

3) Try the search engine of the Bali Forum. Type in Inside Ubud. The page on Inside Ubud has a list of Dining Options.

At the top of the Main Forum Page of Bali, there is also a sticky, posted by HappyNoodleboy with a list of things to do in Bali.

If you specifically want things to do in Ubud, then it really depends on what you like.

There are musuems, but you may not be into museums. Places to shop. Temples to visit, white water rafting - don't think it's anything like those in Canada though - very mild, lovely views, driving around and looking at the scenery, etc...so it depends on what you like....

Andover, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Villa in Ubud

We stayed at Villa Vajra just north of Ubud (about a 10 minute drive : 45 minute walk) in April 2008.

It was really beautiful and the staff were very helpful. The food that was prepared by the villa staff was good and reasonably priced.

It is situated in a small hamlet but a driver is provided at a very reasonable cost.

We ate in Ubud at Ary's Warang and also the Lotus Garden. The former has fantastic and reasonably priced fusion food.

chami106
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Villa in Ubud

1) We stayed at the Royal Pita Maha, which I highly recommend. It was quite an experience. We loved everything about the place! But the downfall...it is quite pricey~ It was for our honeymoon, so we decided to splurge...

2) We really liked the villas bc it was an experience we could not get in the US for the price they offered...so I guess it depends on preference.

3) Definitely go to the monkey forest. I was scared to death of the monkeys, but now that i look back at it, it was quite an experience.

My friends went to go ride on the elephants in Ubud as well.

For food, we recomment trying Babi GUling Ibu Oka(mmm, sucklin pig...get there early bc they close once they run out of meat), Cafe Lotus, Naughty Nuri's Warung (my husband still craves the bbq ribs there). We had some of the best foods in Ubud than Seminyak. We had high hopes for Ku De Ta, but there was nothing special to it....just pricey in my opinion~

Enjoy your trip!

4. Re: Villa in Ubud

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:46 am, December 08, 2009