We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Diving in Bali

Temecula, California
Level Contributor
125 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Diving in Bali

Hello! My boyfriend is an advanced diver and I am a beginner (only 25 dives ~ no currents)... He plans to be diving on Nusa Pendia area (Manta Point, etc.) Are there any easy dives (shallow nor currents)or snorkeling for me in these areas??

Cheshire
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Diving in Bali

Plenty of snorkelling everywhere. A few years ago I went diving with Bali Hai cruises from Nusa Dua. May still be in existence

arkansas
Level Contributor
88 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Diving in Bali

hiDebbie, I believe bali hai divers is now Bali Diving Academy. They are putting a dive safari together for me right now and have been very responsive to my emails.We are about to get the safari fine tuned and the prices have been reasonable and itinerary flexible to meet my needs.(no one size fits all stuff) They get good reviews on scubaboard.We're staying the first 4 nights at tulamben@ for the liberty wreck, walls, and muck creatures, then 5 nights @lembongan for the molas and mantas, then 2nights at ubud for cutural stuff, and finally 5 nights at permuteran to dive menjangan, permuteran, and pj(good place to find mimic octo.)As far as beginner dives at nusa penida,I suggest you email Michael at bali diving academy.Hope this helps.I think tulamben might be the better place for a beginner. I have no financial interest in Bali Diving Academy, I'm just real positive about them because Michael has been so helpful.

Asia
Level Contributor
4,187 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Diving in Bali

Hi,

I have snorkelled at Nusa Penida nd found the currents quite strong (and I am a pretty confident swimmer/snorkeller). If you are not confident of managing the waves, or don't think that you will be strong enough, then I would NOT advise against diving/snorkelling there. I have to say that I did that in June/July, so currents may also be different at different times of the year.

I also met people who dived at Nusa Penida (experienced divers) who said that they were literally holding onto the rocks so as not to be swept away, so Nusa Penida is not a place for inexperienced divers. The currents there can be quite strong, and there have been people who have lost their lives and whose bodies have still not been recovered. An easier spot would be Nusa Lembongan, which is next to Nusa Penida. You can snorkel there but I'm not sure about diving - I think you CAN dive there as well though. I don't dive (I thought that I'd love it as I love being in the water, but I tried it and I didn't like it), so I can't really help you out with regards to diving, sorry. ;-P

4. Re: Diving in Bali

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:20 am, October 17, 2009