We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best beach accessible to ubud

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Best beach accessible to ubud

Hi All,

Going to Bali next week. Looking to go to beach for a day...any recommendations. I'm not a swimmer nor surfer:( unfortanate, but I love the beach and want to go snorkling and see some beach beauty. Mellow is better for me but I DO want to see people:) I"m staying in ubud and have a driver for the day but since I only have 4 nights in bali, trying to squeeze everything in--including one full day at beach...please advise....thanks in advance for sharing your responses!!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
56 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best beach accessible to ubud

You may be better off checking out some of the tours that offer day trips to one of the small islands. You can book with any tour operator on the street and they will show you what is available. Then you can actually see what they have to offer. It is cheaper to book with them and they will usually provide pick up and drop off. It is usually no problem to book the day before. You can research on the internet but remember the prices quoted are much dearer than on the street.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
12,336 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best beach accessible to ubud

Amed and Candidasa are just as close to Ubud as the southern beaches and are better for snorkelling, so I would head there. They are on the East Coast.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best beach accessible to ubud

Thank you so much for your response...when you say small beach do you mean the gili's? If so, do you have the link or website for these day tours....gracias:)

Byron Bay, Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Legian
Level Contributor
3,530 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best beach accessible to ubud

The closest beach to Ubud is Candi Dasa or Padang Bai. They are about a one hour drive away. Candi Dasa is great for snorkelling, hire a boat and get the driver to take you out to the Blue Lagoon - a fantastic spot for snorkelling where you will be sure to see some beautiful fish and coral. The beach at Candi Dasa is not all that nice, gritty and some black sand, but as you only have four nights in Bali you really don't have much time to go anywhere else. The only other suggestion is to go over to Nusa Lembongan for the day. From Ubud you will have to leave faily early to catch the boat from Benoa Harbour near Sanur. From memory the Bali Hai cruise boat leaves about 9am. The trip over takes about one hour and then you have the full day to swim, snorkel, sunbake, explore the island, have lunch etc. Nusa Lembongan is a beautiful small, underdeveloped island and well worth a trip. It just depends on whether you feel you have the time to go there.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best beach accessible to ubud

Elizabeth, thanks for your input...helps a great deal...

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
12,336 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best beach accessible to ubud

Unfortunately, the Gilis isn't a day trip. As Elizabeth said Nusa Lembongan is an option if you want to travel to another island.

7. Re: Best beach accessible to ubud

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:20 pm, October 22, 2009