We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What do you do on your flight to Bali?

Leeds, UK
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
18,744 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
What do you do on your flight to Bali?

Faced with the prospect of another long haul flight to Bali soon, and I'm struggling to find things to do on the flight to keep me occupied. I usually take my MP3, Sony PSP (loaded with games and movies), a book, and watch a bit of inflight entertainment, but apart from the MP3 I think that this contributes to the bright red Dracula eyes when you arrive.

So my question is, how do you occupy your time on the long flight to Bali (I'm aware some of your will have shorter flights than me)?

Worst case scenario I guess I could talk to Mrs Noodles...

Australia
Level Contributor
12,777 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What do you do on your flight to Bali?

have an iced cold champagne, eat your meal, watch some of the movie, then lay your seat back and have a snooze. :)

Wake up, have an iced cold champagne, splash your face with cold water, have a snack, watch some of a movie.

Countdown. :) :0

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,568 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: What do you do on your flight to Bali?

I would love to say "sleep for a few hours" but I haven't yet worked out how to do that.

Haven't flown to Bali, but have done lots of other long hauls. Watch a couple of films. Check the map for progress. Flick through the in-flight magazine. Check the map for progress. Close my eyes, give up trying to sleep. Check the map for progress. Eat something. Have a drink. check the map for progress.

3. Re: What do you do on your flight to Bali?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11:35 am, March 11, 2017
Leeds, UK
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
18,744 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What do you do on your flight to Bali?

I take my own colouring books sometimes, or Join the Dot is especially fun, trying to figure out what it is (usually an elephant in my experience). Does laughter bother you then ilab?

I like the champagne idea, but sadly I travel cattle-class so the best I can hope for is a glass of German wine which I can blow bubbles in with a straw.

I would love to be able to sleep on a flight too, but it's not normal to sleep sitting up is it? And I've yet to find a travel pillow comfortable enough. I can sympathise with looking at the inflight map every few minutes and sighing because you're still over the Bay of Bengal. Other than plying yourself with booze, how do you sleep? Never mastered it but would love any help here.

5. Re: What do you do on your flight to Bali?

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Leeds, UK
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
18,744 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What do you do on your flight to Bali?

It's the screaming children at the front of the cabin that keep me awake rather than the people talking. Or the toddler sat behind me kicking the back of my seat for 12 solid hours.

Oh, I have my eye mask, ear plugs, various travel pillows and blanket. Recline the seat. Nothing happens, sleep is always just out of reach.

7. Re: What do you do on your flight to Bali?

Leeds, UK
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
18,744 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What do you do on your flight to Bali?

Oh, that'd be me then. What can I say, if you have big hair, you're taking your own life into your hands.

9. Re: What do you do on your flight to Bali?

Leeds, UK
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
18,744 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What do you do on your flight to Bali?

Surely some sort of hat would resolve this situation, or a swimming cap?

Anyway, we're going off on a tangent here, back on topic, any more ideas for how to occupy yourself (or sleep) on a flight (other than pulling ilab's hair)?