We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

In Ubud right now.. need help w/ restaurant.

Vienna, Virginia
Level Contributor
67 posts
1 review
Save Topic
In Ubud right now.. need help w/ restaurant.

Hello,

In ubud right now for 2 nights. We are having a hard time finding a good restaurant w/ good atmosphere. Last night we went to Marni's, but, it was dead. only 2 tables occupied. So, we left and headed to Ary's, and it was worse... only 1 table occupied. This was at 7:30pm. Then, we ended up eating at Nomad's. It was good, but, we were really looking for some good authentic indo/balinese food or some type of asian fusion.. Anyone know what the popular spots are now that will have a good crowd for dinner ? a couple of places that we are looking into for tonight are:

Lamak

Cafe Wayan

Indus

Terazzo

Any help would be appreciated ! Thanks !

Cheshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Bali, Amed
Level Contributor
3,188 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: In Ubud right now.. need help w/ restaurant.

Maybe try Cafe Wayan, good service, good food & good atmosphere last time I was there.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
13,937 posts
319 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: In Ubud right now.. need help w/ restaurant.

cafe wayan is one of my favourites in ubud, beautiful setting, lovely food.

Byron Bay, Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Legian
Level Contributor
3,591 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: In Ubud right now.. need help w/ restaurant.

Indus and Casa Luna would be my choices. Both restaurants are owned by an Australian ex-pat Janet de Neefe and her Balinese husband Ketut and both restaurants are fabulous!!! Casa Luna is in the main street and has Asian/fusion food, a great atmosphere and regular theme nights ie. jazz, or movies etc. Indus is about a five minute drive out of town and is set overlooking spectacular rice fields. The food is fantastic here too and they have a great wine and cocktail list. My chocie would be to go to Casa Luna for lunch and then Indus for dinner.

Asia
Level Contributor
4,187 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: In Ubud right now.. need help w/ restaurant.

From your list try Cafe Wayan and Indus?

I last went to Indus about a year and a half ago and when I was there, there was a band and we could dance! It was quite nice.

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
1,761 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: In Ubud right now.. need help w/ restaurant.

Cafe Wayan has a large lush garden that you don't notice from the street with lots of tables scattered through very tropical, very Bali and very pretty, Ibu Rai also on Monkey Forest road has more of a chatty talk to the table next door and have a few drinks vibe, or Kafe Batan Waru (on the road that runs down the side of the soccer field) again great lots of people atmosphere and it has the best desserts try the black bottom tart YUM YUM!!!!

If I was in Ubud tonight I would go to Cafe Wayan for dinner, Ibu Rai for a drink and Kafe Batan Waru for dessert, they are near enough to each other to walk, unfortunately I will have to cook tonight LOL.

Australia
Level Contributor
12,777 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: In Ubud right now.. need help w/ restaurant.

Warung Enak for sure.

http://warungenakbali.com/index.html

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,697 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: In Ubud right now.. need help w/ restaurant.

Lamak or Warung Enak would be my top picks..

US
Level Contributor
465 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: In Ubud right now.. need help w/ restaurant.

I second Lemak - Definitely.

9. Re: In Ubud right now.. need help w/ restaurant.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:26 am, October 20, 2009