We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accomodation Ubud and Seminyak/Sanur

London, England
5 posts
Save Topic
Accomodation Ubud and Seminyak/Sanur

More planning advice needed people - PLEASE!

Family of 4 (2 just turned teenagers, me and wife). Decided after reading through the posts on here that we want to split our 7 days up between Ubud and Seminyak or Sanur (still not decided).

Would like to stay in villa's and have contacted quite a few of them for prices, just waiting for responses. Our budget is 150 to $200AUS (dont mind paying a little extra if necessary) - would like good location for eating out and in the Sanur/Seminyak area's walking distnace to beach - anyone have any recent recommendations ?

Is hawking on the beach really that persistant ? Would we be better getting our beach stay with a Hotel on a private beach ? Do you know of any villas that have private beach access in these area's within our budget ?

Just planning our itenarary at the moment - can't wait - only around 4 weeks to go!!!

Thanks In Advance.

germany
Level Contributor
140 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accomodation Ubud and Seminyak/Sanur

If I were you, I would stay in Seminyak rather in Sanur. Sanur is pretty quiet at night so, I believe for your 2 teens it will be a little bit boring. Beside, at day the water at Sanur beach is really far away, you can not swim at all. IMO, Seminyak has better sand than Sanur. Plus, has lots of shops, cafes, etc.

Do you really want to stay in a villa? I think you will need to stretch your budget a bit wider when you want to have a 2 bedrooms villa.

Sydney
Destination Expert
for Seminyak, Bali, Canggu, Kerobokan
Level Contributor
8,481 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accomodation Ubud and Seminyak/Sanur

Hi

Seminyak would be a great place to stay for you and your family. There are lots of villas in that area and with a private pool you may not want to go to the beach very much! I don't believe there are any beaches in Bali that are private although I could be mistaken. Hawking on the beach is prolific in the kuta/Legian area but less so in Seminyak. You really just have to smile politely and say no - these people are just trying to make a living the only way they know. It can be annoying though, especailly if you want to have a quiet read.

You may have to increase your budget a little for a 2 bedroom villa but that also depends on the time of the year you intend to go to Bali.

3. Re: Accomodation Ubud and Seminyak/Sanur

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, October 02, 2009