We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

flight from Bali to Australia

ontario
Level Contributor
187 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
flight from Bali to Australia

My husband and I will be visiting Bali for three weeks later this month and we've noticed that a lot of visitors are from Australia.

Can anyone tell us roughly what it would cost for a flight there from Bali? We're coming from Canada and would love to spend a few days in Australia since we will be so close. Also wondering how long the flight is as well. Thanks everyone!

Avalon Beach...
Level Contributor
822 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: flight from Bali to Australia

Sydney to Bali is approx. 6 hours. Depending on which airline you use and whether you fly economy or first class the cost can range anywhere from $300 to $1000 for a one way ticket.

Sydney
Level Contributor
474 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: flight from Bali to Australia

It depends which state you want visit, Perth is about a 3hr flight from Bali and should cost around $600 return, Sydney is a 6hr flight and about $1000 return. Darwin is closer again, but not sure how much flights are, Ive seen specials for around $500 return.

Sanur Bali
Level Contributor
2,563 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: flight from Bali to Australia

It is also normally cheaper to book a return flight from here to Australia, than it is for the Australians to book from their end.

A lot will depend on availability and the time of the year that you are planning to fly.

nunya
Level Contributor
6,873 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: flight from Bali to Australia

I agree with cempaka , i often book a one way flight from bali to sydney , it is quoted in US $$ , so depending on how the canadian dollar backs up to the US $ , Im sure it would be better than the Aus $$.

But it always works out cheaper that way for me , than for the flight to bali .

Darwin is your closest port to visit , perth is the 2nd closest .

I guess it really depends on what sort of place you would like to visit & yes the time of year you are traveling will make a huge difference to the price as well , not only on your flights but aus accomodation .

cheers

batt

ontario
Level Contributor
187 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: flight from Bali to Australia

Thanks everyone for your replies. Not sure where we would like to go in Australia. We're just kind of throwing the ideas around. Any recommendations?

nunya
Level Contributor
6,873 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: flight from Bali to Australia

Darwin

has a lot of nature things to see .

you can go on a river cruise ans watch the crocodiles jumping up beside your boat trying to get the meat , while enjoying the beautifull scenery.

http://tinyurl.com/54tavu

there is plenty to see and do in darwin

http://www.topendescapes.com.au/

-----------------------------------------------------

The Gold Coast / Brisbane

has many theme parks if your into that , also the steve erwin zoo and the currumbin bird sanctuary , where the birds land on you to eat .

www.hellogoldcoast.com.au/attractions.html

Perth is a city , just like every other big city , although a bit prettier .

http://www.kalbarri.com/perth/ttd.html

Sydney

Is just a huge city

http://www.sydney.com.au/sights.htm

Alice springs

Is the outback , hot , dry and red dirt !

totaltravel.com.au/travel/…amusement

----------------------------------------------------

Melbourne ... another big city

…yahoo.com/p-travelguide-2752511-melbourne_t…

Adelaide .... the city of churches

…yahoo.com/p-travelguide-2748308-adelaide_th…

I will let you sift through the links to see what most tickles your fancy .

australia is a pretty big place , but if i was only coming for a few days , i would probably go with darwin .

cheers

batt

Aussie
Level Contributor
370 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: flight from Bali to Australia

Katrina, first i think you should tell this forum how much Vacation time you have ? this would make it easier for us to give you some sort of itinanary.there is very little differance in the size of Canada and Oz. Canada being bigger.if you flew into Sydney then Perth to Bali to S/pore,or Hong Kong, Canada.

Maybe Hong Kong, Bali, Perth, Sydney Canada.

you must agree three days in ozy will not get you Far Grumphy.

ontario
Level Contributor
187 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: flight from Bali to Australia

We're going to be in Bali for 3 weeks. Recently we've been thinking it would be nice to fly to Australia for 3-4 days since we'll be so close and may never get over that way again. Just wondering if it's affordable at this point.

And thanks Batt for taking the time to reply and post all those websites!

Leeds, UK
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
18,876 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: flight from Bali to Australia

I'd recommend Perth, it's not a bad flight from Bali. Plenty to do there, check out the wonderful beaches (especially Cottesloe), the markets and cappucino strip at Fremantle, go on a wine tour in the Margaret River region. You'd be best off checking out the Australia Forums on TA - just do a search on there for "things to do". I often find accomodation expensive in Australia, so you could consider renting an apartment for a few days.

nunya
Level Contributor
6,873 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: flight from Bali to Australia

katrina ,

im not sure if this s cheap from where you stand , but i found this today and thought it might be of some help to you in your travels to bali and aus

airbrokers.com/html/australia_new_zealand_fl…

cheers

batt