We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jetstar flights on special till 23/9/08

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
12,336 posts
95 reviews
Save Topic
Jetstar flights on special till 23/9/08

Just had an email from Jetstar. They have a special on flights to Bali for Feb/March next year.

$299 Brisbane to Bali via Darwin.

See link:http://www.jetstar.com/au/en/index.html?o=jetmail&s=jm20080919nav

nunya
Level Contributor
6,873 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jetstar flights on special till 23/9/08

Thanks whinnie

Have you booked any little extra flights yet ? LOL

cheers

batt

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
12,336 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jetstar flights on special till 23/9/08

Believe me i'm trying. My hubby did stop in his tracks, pause, but then said "we really have to stop doing this".

So, that's not a "no".

But I think Virgin Blue's flight schedule is fantastic. Alot better than Jetstars.

Let the competition begin!!!!!

nunya
Level Contributor
6,873 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jetstar flights on special till 23/9/08

Well i can tell you now , its not only with brissy ...sydneys price has dropped too , my daughter will be thrilled , for her and her daughter , she can now save $260 , thats a huge saving for her .im so glad i held off and didnt book it last week now !

both new routes from sydney suck !

jetstars is via darwin

virgin blues is via adelaide or or perth ....so there you go you adelaiders ...you have a flight to bali !!!

cheers

batt

Australia
Level Contributor
12,777 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jetstar flights on special till 23/9/08

Yep, I think competition may just start heating up. :) :)

Garuda are apparently having a $1.00 sale after midnight tonight

I am curious about statement made this afternoon though..

quote:

I have phoned Virgin today for confirmation. They tell me that you cannot book Denpasar to Brisbane or Adelaide (the return trip) yet because it hasn't received regulatory approval. I asked her what the chances of approval being knocked back were. She stated that they cannot accept bookings for the return trip and to check back in a month or so??????

nunya
Level Contributor
6,873 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jetstar flights on special till 23/9/08

Thats weird , I wonder why they would put it up on their website already then ......then again , i have been told the same thing with other airlines and you can get your money back if its not approved .

but the routes are on the wesite, but i didnt see how far i could go in booking them. might try it out later and see if i get to the " payment " stage of the booking .

cheers

batt

Perth
Level Contributor
1,149 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Jetstar flights on special till 23/9/08

What this basically means is that they are waiting for the rubber stamp. Airlines don't go to all this work unless they know approval is pending. How fantastic for our Brissie and Adelaide TA members. Finally a flight to denpesar without paying out a fortune. Mind you here in Perth I am not complaining - we will now have 6 airlines flying to Bali. Isn't competition great.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
499 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Jetstar flights on special till 23/9/08

Have found Virgin Blue flights from Perth in April for $530 all up which is excellent.

Flight times not as good as Garuda as we like to go on the early Garuda flight and be there for lunch. This one would get us there at about 10pm so really you are paying for a hotel but losing a day. But for that price, who cares, we would just stay an extra day!!

Jetstar sale is outside the period we want to travel.

Have been looking for those cheap Garuda flights you mentioned, Linda but can see nothing yet. Where did you hear that info?

Yay! Bring on all the competetion!

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
499 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Jetstar flights on special till 23/9/08

Sorry, getting too excited, that was "competition"!!

Perth
Level Contributor
1,149 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Jetstar flights on special till 23/9/08

The perth to bali for $530 inclusive - I am guessing this is an opening special? What a brilliant price - may just have to book early.

nunya
Level Contributor
6,873 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Jetstar flights on special till 23/9/08

i can never get a price on the garuda website, it always comes up blank.

have a look on www.bestflights.com they might have the garuda special .

am going to look myself now

cheers

batt