We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taking valium to bali - customs

koolewong
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Topic
Taking valium to bali - customs

Hi, My uncle wants me to bring over some valium for him when we fly out this week from Australia. Is there any problems with customs taking valium. There are about 30 tablets in a little clear bottle with no label on it that my grandmother has asked me to take to him. I don't want it to cause any hassle but don't know where to check.

nunya
Level Contributor
6,873 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taking valium to bali - customs

we have never been asked about our medication that we take into bali , but with that said , it doesnt mean it doesnt get checked.

the golden rule is to have the bottle clearly marked, with your own name on it , along with a letter from your doctor stating that you are on this medication .

Perhaps you could get your grandmother to get this letter for your grandfather and get your grandfather to meet you at the airport with his own ID , just in case you do get stopped .

cheers

batt

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,697 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taking valium to bali - customs

Has your uncle just tried going to a chemist here and asking for it?

You don't need a prescription for drugs here - (that goes for all those 'boys' pills also!)

koolewong
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Taking valium to bali - customs

I know - I thought it would be pretty easy to get over there but wasn't sure - I think he's just being lazy! Think I'll just tell him to get it himself. Thanks for letting me knnow you can buy it there. I don't need the hassle with 2 little kids and arriving late at night.

Australia
Level Contributor
914 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taking valium to bali - customs

wow i didnt think you could get stuff like valium from bali without a script!

nunya
Level Contributor
6,873 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taking valium to bali - customs

you can in phuket too apparently !

no wonder border security is tight here! LOL

6. Re: Taking valium to bali - customs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:24 am, October 09, 2009