We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travel agents

perth
Level Contributor
385 posts
145 reviews
Save Topic
travel agents

Ok enough is enough......

We have been going to Bali for over 20 years and as yet have not found a great Travel agent that listens and tries to get the best possible deals and when you travel with 7 or more people every cent counts (more rupiah in our pocket). I mean don't get me wrong we have had one or 2 travel agents that were great but when you go back to rebook the next year 90% of the time that agent has left....

So calling on you guys to let us know if your travel agent gets the golden gong...

oh yeah we live in Perth so one in Perth would be great....

If you have a great travel agent its time to share it with us that are yet to find one...

cheers guys and happy travels....

Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
13,945 posts
317 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: travel agents

hi i can't advise on travel agents for perth but i know what you mean, about agents. unless they have a fantastic knowledge of bali you get the same hotels, same lead in properties, same deals, same suggestions and it takes longer to get what you want rather than if you do it yourself. Every cent counts when you travel. and the more money you save getting there the more you have to spend in bali.

when you are booking for a large group it becomes even harder.

i have just booked flights for 10 people and i got the best deal and saved thousands by doing it myself. i waited for air asia to have a special and i got the following flights for less than $500 per person.

Coolangatta to KL

KL to Bali

Bali to KL

KL to phuket

Phuket to KL

KL to coolangatta.

this included meals to and from KL and also our luggage costs.

this was the cheapest i have booked. Air asia have some fantastic deals it is just a matter of searching their site. if there is nothing on special this week then just check the next week. they often offer free flights or $13 flights + taxes.

I booked all my accommodation on line. some for less than $160 AUD per night for 10 people including breakfast and free transfers. (in bali). there are bargains to be found but i do it all myself now. i find it the cheapest way to go. i wish you luck organising it all.

perth
Level Contributor
385 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: travel agents

cheers snooky,

Doing it yourself looks like something to look into...Have already booked for this september but im already thinking about the next one..lol....

happy travel and cheers

Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
13,945 posts
317 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: travel agents

keep an eye out for those air asia specials as they fly from perth

never to soon to book your next trip if the airfares are cheap enough. LOL

perth
Level Contributor
385 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: travel agents

come on someone has to know some travel agent thats great....

Malaysia
Level Contributor
556 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: travel agents

Air Asia is a budget airline and a real bargain when you purchase early. The closer to the travel date, the more expensive it will be.

Take note, the terms & conditions: it's a point to point carrier, travelers will need to buffer time for delay, as "missed flights" for your connecting flights (even if Air Asia) will not be compensated.

perth
Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: travel agents

Guildfordians,

Have sent you a PM to assist.

Kind Regards,

Jodie

Australia
Level Contributor
12,777 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: travel agents

An excellent agent for bali holidays is Nikki at alltrav3@bigpond.net.au

nunya
Level Contributor
6,873 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: travel agents

I agree with linda

I have just booked return flights with nikki from bali to sydney , she gave me an honest upfront price first time , unlike some other well known travel agents.

I usually book my own flights , but for this leg i needed to book without paying upfront ( same there is 5 of us ) and i have just paid out for 10 other flights for the 5 of us upfront, so i needed a payment plan ...lol

i already had prices from many websites and airlines themselves , so i knew the going rate and she was spot on target , others wanted to charge me $140 more than she was.

she was quick to answer all emails , give me quotes , and to book the flights for me .

giver her a go , i can totally recommend her !

she is in QLD , im in NSW ....but that didnt deter me at all .

cheers

batt

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
295 posts
515 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: travel agents

Hi guildfordians,

I have to agree with Snooky. I also live in Perth and booked on Air Asia (Perth - KL - Penang - KL - Perth). We have two families and a total of 11 people. Our total airline cost was $610 each. I tried several agent and they werent even close. (They do have to run a business).

Although we did use a Travel agent for accomodation. I used TravelClearance and they were terrific. The prices that I was finding on the net were the same as they were offering but because they have buying power they still made money. I can strongly suggest this.

This may be a good option for you. It saved us a stack of cash and I can afford to take my family (5 -all Adult fares) away for $5700 (peak time)which was less than my last holiday (off peak).

Anyway, I see that Jetstar are offering cheap flights in October so maybe you can get some flights from then.

Enjoy your holiday.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
295 posts
515 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: travel agents

Sorry, I forgot to add. The accomodation is mainly 4 & 5 star. I could have saved stacks more if I chose budget accomodation.