We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay in Bali

Wairarapa
Level Contributor
72 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay in Bali

Hi there, my husband and i are looking at staying in Bali and would love help in choosing where to stay! We really know nothing about Bali and dont know where to start!!! We would like something with a modest budget,but is nice, close to good shopping, beach and "touristy" things to do!!

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

:)

Australia
Level Contributor
12,777 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay in Bali

If you want shopping maybe look at the Bali garden hotel, it is next to the Discovery centre.

Most hotels are right in the thick of all the shops and restaurants anyway but I would go for beachfront.

Check these places out:

Bali Garden

Inna Kuta

Sari Beach

Kumala Pantai

Jayakarta

Puri Raja

The latter 4 hotels are on the beach in Legian/Seminyak end which is great for pre dinner sunset drinks on the beach bars and a huge variety of restaurants nearby.

Australia
Level Contributor
12,777 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay in Bali

If you want constant shopping maybe look at the Bali Garden hotel, it is next to the Discovery centre.

Most hotels are right in the thick of all the shops and restaurants anyway but I would go for beachfront.

Check these places out:

Tuban area

Bali Garden

Inna Kuta

Sari Beach

Kumala Pantai

Jayakarta

Puri Raja

The latter 4 hotels are on the beach in Legian/Seminyak end which is great for pre dinner sunset drinks on the beach bars and a huge variety of restaurants nearby.

jak
7 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay in Bali

Hi,try Rissata Bali Resort and Spa its in south kuta , not far away from kuta beach.Its 3 stars hotel but the service and room is good and clean

4. Re: Where to stay in Bali

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:49 am, July 04, 2008
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
25 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay in Bali

My boyfriend and I visited Bali for the first time last year without knowing much about it. We stayed in Kuta at Hotel Sorga. Our room had a queen-size bed, air conditioning, plenty of room to unpack our suitcases, hot and cold water and included breakfast each morning and I believe it was $23 (Canadian) per night. That included them picking us up from the Denpasar airport when we arrived.

It's walking distance to the beach, LOTS of good food and plenty of shopping. It was nice and quiet at the hotel. We hired a driver for 2 days that took us around the Island and we took a bus from Kuta to Ubud one day.

Many people told us that we would only stay in Kuta the first time we visited Bali because there are other areas that are more beautiful and less busy but we disagree. We liked Kuta because there was lots to do and see there and, if we wanted to, we could easily get to other areas of Bali.

Feel free to message me if you want any more information about our trip - I kept a detailed journal so I still have all of the info!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
25 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stay in Bali

Here is the website for Hotel Sorga:

www.hotelsorga.com

I also forgot to mention that you can apparently get better rates if you don't book in advance and bargain when you get there. However, we just wanted to know that we had a place to stay so we booked in advance.

Wairarapa
Level Contributor
72 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to stay in Bali

thank you all for some great suggestions... looks like i have a few options to look at!!!

Any other ideas on where to stay and what to do is greatly appreciated!!

:)

Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
13,947 posts
317 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to stay in Bali

apart from kuta legian and tuban areas that have been mentioned also look at sanur and ubud. i like to divide my time between a couple of places but if you only have a short break then moving is not good as you can use up valuable holiday time. ubud does not have a beach but is very cultural. so since you want a beach look at sanur for sure. it is very relaxing, and a pleasant place to stay. it is quieter than the other areas mentioned but still has restaurants and shops but not the busy nightlife. some hotels have a private beach frontage. dividing your time between places gives you a good variety. i enjoy my time in legian etc but escaping to sanur is something i look forward to each trip. accommodation is not expensive and some of the more 'budget' hotels provide a lovely relaxing stay. those hotels not directly on the beach are often just a short walk and can save you a lot of money. as far as "touristy things to do" the main tourist attractions such as temples, zoo, monkey forest. bali marine and safari park, dance performances etc etc are all within a drive of between 20 - 45 min (approx) from the kuta area and sanur. if you want to give a daily budget for your accommodation then some other hotels can be recommended.

9. Re: Where to stay in Bali

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:16 pm, October 04, 2009