We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tailors - how does it work?

Australia
Level Contributor
373 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Tailors - how does it work?

Hi,

I am travelling to Bali soon. I have never had anything tailored. HOw does it work?

- can you bring a simliar style garment and they can make a copy

- can you bring photos/pictures of what you would like

- do they have books of photos of garments you can choose from?

THankyou

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
295 posts
763 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tailors - how does it work?

All of the above....

If you really want a particular fabric, I suggest you take the garment you want copied with you. They will copy almost anything.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,395 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tailors - how does it work?

As mentioned you can do any of those options.

I had a favourite pair of trousers. I took them and got them copied in 2 different fabrics. I like the new ones even better. The fabric is lovely, soft and doesn't need ironing ( my favourite bit). LOL

I had a jacket and skirt made in the same fabric to mix and match. Still great many years later. Although they are a bit tight now (wish I could say they shrank but I'd be lying).

I either have to lose weight or get some more made next trip.

I have also had things made by browsing catalogues and choosing a garment and the material.

3. Re: Tailors - how does it work?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:19 pm, October 01, 2009