We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

September Itinerary

Land of 4 seasons
Level Contributor
25 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
September Itinerary

Hi all,

My bf (28) and i (23) are planning to travel around SE Asia in September, starting with Bali (first time). We'll be there for about 8 nights (due to work commitments we could only limit our stay). We'll be staying at Tuban (3 nights), Ubud (3 nights) and Seminyak-Kuta (2 nights).

I've contacted some recommended driver's on the forum. Some didn't respond, others were friendly but didn't quiet answer my questions. One driver said his service charge was AUD$53 per day inclusive of petrol, does that sound right?

Below are things we're interested in doing but unsure as how i would go about grouping them by destination and is the number of activities feasible for 9 days?

Bali Orchid Garden

Bali Safari Marine Park (elephant and camel ride)

Tandem Paragliding

Hot Air Balloon

Buggy Ride

Rafting (Ayung river)

Neka Museum

Puri Saren

Monkey Forest

Feel free to make recommendations, this is not set in stone. Oh btw is paragliding, hot air balloon safe?

Thanks, Shue

Australia
Level Contributor
12,777 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: September Itinerary

OK , In Ubud you can

1. see the Monkey Forest in half a hour - 1 hour

2. Visit a couple of musems , have a nice lunch 1/2 day

3. Take a rafting tour from here. 1 day, back late afternoon.

In Legian?Tuban (it's all Kuta)

1. Buggy ride 1/2 day

2. Safari Park 1/2 day

I think you can visit the Orchid garden on way to or from any of these places, or even on return from Ubud.

Lets's just say if you Paraglide or Ballon Ride,, there is probably no insurance guaranteed.

I really think you need to spend at least 2 days NOT planning excursions, so you can actually see something of Bali, Just walk around the streets, eating, chatting, sit by pool, enjoy the SLOW PACE> :) :)

2. Re: September Itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:26 am, September 29, 2009