We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Puri Raja Hotel

USA
8 posts
Save Topic
Puri Raja Hotel

I'm planning a trip in May and will be traveling with my son and two surfboard coffins. Are the superior rooms large enough for the two of us and the boards? Any comments about this place or others nearby would be helpful. Thanks

Charlie

Perth West Australia
Level Contributor
304 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Puri Raja Hotel

Charlie,

I haven't stayed at Puri Raja for a few years now, but called thru last August 07 and March 08, just to re-visit,

Didn't check out the rooms, so maybe someone who has stayed there recently can comment,

but from memory their 'superior' rooms are at best 'standard' size, which means basic, not a lot of spare room. 2 coffins will take up a fair bit of room, and they don't have a lot of front 'patio' area either, esp if off ground floor.

I saw their deluxe rooms, near the pool/beach end, and they are much larger and more room, and look vgood. But they only have 4. Close to the beach and able to see the pool.

Their website gives a good look at the pool/restaraunt/beach end, and the larger room shown is the deluxe. Would be a great position to stay.

They have done up the beach-end restaraunt and pool surrounds very nicely, though still a 'smallish' pool, but is now a much nicer place to sit and watch the beach/have coffee etc.

Depends upon budget, if can't get the deluxe there, the deluxe rooms at Kumala Pantai, only 250m north, on same beach strip, are larger, but probably a bit more $$ as well. The standard 'superior' rooms at KP are much the same size as at PR, so deluxe or stay with PR.

Hope of some help

Cheers

Mark

Mentioned in this post
Puri Raja
Puri Raja
647 Reviews
Legian, Indonesia
Hotel Kumala Pantai
Hotel Kumala Pantai
834 Reviews
Kuta, Indonesia
Wickham, West...
Level Contributor
156 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Puri Raja Hotel

Hi Charlie. We stayed at the Puri Raja last October. My husband had his 2 surfboards with us and they weren't a problem in the room. With 2 suitcases, my shopping and his boards we should have been struggling but it was all ok. The rooms are a standard size but they have lots of cupboard space to put away all your other gear. Personally I love this hotel and its position (I have written a review in TA) and we are headed back for 3 weeks in Sept/Oct- with 3 boards in tow!. We also stayed at the Kumala Pantai in the Ambassador Suite which is huge!!! However this was with our kids so you wouldn't need this much space- also it costs more. Their standard rooms are about the same size as at the Puri Raja. The Kumala Pantai is a much bigger hotel- especially now with the new extension. However both are great value and you would do well to stay at either. Cheers!

Mentioned in this post
Puri Raja
Puri Raja
647 Reviews
Legian, Indonesia
Hotel Kumala Pantai
Hotel Kumala Pantai
834 Reviews
Kuta, Indonesia
3. Re: Puri Raja Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:20 pm, September 24, 2009