We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather, end of Dec

Ireland
Level Contributor
8 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Weather, end of Dec

Hi - We are in Bali for 10 days from 23rd Dec 2008. This was booked before checking the weather and now I have been told that it typically rains between 2pm - 10pm. Has anyone been at this time, if so is this true???

Mentioned in this post
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Yogyakarta...
Level Contributor
61 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather, end of Dec

hi maireadB..

well.. december is rainy season. The time is not flexible. We cant predict when rain comes. But December is definately rainy season. So rains n rains. But i think not much , means not everyday. THe top of rainy season usually in January-february. A lots of rains not only Bali, mostly cities in indonesia.

and if u stay 10 days from 23rd,im sure no rain in new years eve. Even the clouds are dark n looks getting rain but change drastically nearly new years eve. Bizzare but i know why it is.

hope this help.

Mentioned in this post
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Magaluf, Spain
Level Contributor
300 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather, end of Dec

Hi,

We were in Bali in December and January. It is the rainy season and yes, it does rain but usually only for an hour or so, sometimes more, sometimes not for days but believe me, when it is hot it is hot. We found the south less wet than the north. Where are you staying.

I was very dubious about going in December but we didn't see as much rain as i expected to and we still had a fantastic holiday and came back with a fatastic tan.

Have a great time.

Beatster

Mentioned in this post
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
3. Re: Weather, end of Dec

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:19 am, September 24, 2009