We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Padang Bai

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
205 posts
Save Topic
Padang Bai

Hi all..

Today i have been looking into beaches in Bali i would like to visit, i really like the look of going to Padang Bai. Does anybody know how long it will take by car from Kuta? Can it be done as a 'day trip?'

Also i would like to know where the 'Dreamland Beach' is located? Have heard i should go there except im not 100% sure where it is or how long it takes to get there?

Also, one more thing lol, if anybody has a detailed map of Bali has all the the main touristy attractions/locations/beaches on i would be grateful if they could give me the link. I have a book from the Library with a good map but not sure that i will take that as its not mine and dont want to damage it.

Thanks for replys you're all great x

Byron Bay, Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Legian
Level Contributor
3,573 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Padang Bai

Padang Bai is less than two hours drive from Kuta. It's nice and there's some good snorkelling, but just up the road is Candi Dasa, which is a better place to stay with much nicer hotels, restaurants etc and also good snorkelling at a place called The Blue Lagoon. Dreamland Beach is about 30 minutes from Kuta on what is called the Bukit Peninsula. It's a famous surf beach, just down the road from the even more famous surf spot of Uluwatu. It's a beautiful beach, white sand, sun lounges on the beach and lots of little warungs (cafes), but beware, the surf can be really dangerous. There are lots of rips and it can get quite gnarly, so take care when swimming. The Lonely Planet book on Bali has good maps. Cheers.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
2,065 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Padang Bai

Hi luce and Elizabeth 96

You may want to check the Bali Travel Forum go to 'search the forum', type in Dreamland Beach. The owner of the new resort has 'changed the look of it' and it apparently 'Ain't what it used to be'.The resort and golf course was happening when we were there in May last year.

Cheers

Burns

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
205 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Padang Bai

Thanks Burns + Elizabeth

Terrigal, Australia
Level Contributor
3,068 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Padang Bai

hi i've stayed at padangbai a number of times. the hotels are good and vary in price and comforts. i like the puri rai because it has a pool and i have kids. the restaurants there are excellent, especially in whole fish. (very cheap - pay by the size of the fish) there has been a short boardwalk built at the northern end of the bay two years ago. it gives the area a nice look. the bay itself is great for swimming or you can walk ten minutes to the north over a hill to blue lagoon for snorkelling, food with a small beach at low tide. if you go over the hill to the south there is a beautiful white sand beach where the surf is a little rougher for swimming but beware of rips.food is very ordinary. if you continue along the road south (instead of the turn of to the white sand beach) you come to a black sand beach if you can get there early early in the morning you will see the fishing boats returning from night fishing with nusa penida island has a backdrop.

the hawkers at padangbai are very keen to sell things and will ask you a number of times a day.

5. Re: Padang Bai

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:20 pm, September 22, 2009