We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Drivers in Bali- Sila was great!

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Drivers in Bali- Sila was great!

My husband and I stayed in Bali for 10 days and we hired a driver for 8 of the 10 tens days. Based on recommendations we got my people on trip advisor we decided to use Sila. Having Sila as a driver was perfect. He drove us where ever we wanted and at whatever time we wanted. He arranged some day activities for us when we were in Bali (whitewater rafting ). He got us a guide for the hike up Mt. batur. The morning that we hiked Mt. Batur he picked us up at 3 am! We got to see the entire island and all the hightlights thanks to Sila. He was basically available 24/7. he has so much knowledge of the island and he is willing to share is you are interested. He was not only a driver but our tour guide !! (He went into the money forest with us, into temples). Sila was Great!!!

Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
13,933 posts
319 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Drivers in Bali- Sila was great!

glad you had an enjoyable holiday. there is so much to see and do in bali. i find i don't get to do everything and i stay a month at a time!

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
31 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Drivers in Bali- Sila was great!

Hello

Just wondering do you know if it is possible to get baby car seats with any drivers. We have two 1 yr olds coming and if we go on longer trips it would be so much easier if there was car seats to put them in.

Thanks

GJ

Melbourne
Level Contributor
76 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Drivers in Bali- Sila was great!

Hi Punky, Just wondering if you have contact details for this driver and also, where is he based?

thanks,

boo

Asia
Level Contributor
4,187 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Drivers in Bali- Sila was great!

Here is a useful link for drivers in Bali. Some have car seats for kids/babies, some don't.

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g294226-s1/Bali:Indon…

Once you have decided on the driver, email them and ask them.

Good Luck.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
209 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Drivers in Bali- Sila was great!

Yep, Sila is the best! We used him too and he was so pleasant, honest and accommodating.

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
220 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Drivers in Bali- Sila was great!

Hi gypsay, Just back from Bali where I used Eddy Kus again - findkus_usa@yahoo.com, and he now has a carseat as he has a baby, but I think he only has the one.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
31 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Drivers in Bali- Sila was great!

Thanks that is good to know. Do you know if their seats are like ours and accommodate different age children (i.e. 0 to 4 years etc in the same seat)?

Also did you book him before you went or when you got to Bali?

Thanks again

GJ

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
31 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Drivers in Bali- Sila was great!

Thanks that is good to know. Do you know if their seats are like ours and accommodate different age children (i.e. 0 to 4 years etc in the same seat)?

Also did you book him before you went or when you got to Bali?

Thanks again

GJ

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
220 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Drivers in Bali- Sila was great!

Hi Gypsy, It's one that accommodates a range of ages. I booked before I went, as I always do.

10. Re: Drivers in Bali- Sila was great!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 pm, September 24, 2009