We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tuban beach for swimming

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
205 posts
Save Topic
Tuban beach for swimming

Hi,

I have been looking into hotels that back onto Tuban beachfront (namely Santika and Ramada Bingtang) I would just really like to know whether the beach outside is ok for swimming, i have heard reports the Santika doesnt have much of a beachfront and also Tuban beach is corally and not great for swimming at all.

We really want to stay at a hotel with a beach for swimming as last year in Samui our hotel beach wasnt OK for swimming so this year that is just one of our personal requirements.

Thanks for your replys.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
8,392 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tuban beach for swimming

There will be better experts but in my opinion too close to the airport and the beach is better up at Legian. Not all hotels are exactly beachfront because of a road between sand and hotel.

At Legian you can swim between flags to avoid being run over by surfers.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
148 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Tuban beach for swimming

Hi Luce uk,

I can't really say much about the beach for swimming but I would like to say I can't agree with the comment about being too close to the airport I stayed in a hotel a few down from Santika in Tuban in November and didn't hear any noise from the airport at all. I agree with comment about beach at Kuta/Legion there is a road between the hotels and beach, this may be a problem for you. From memory further toward Seminyak way there are Hotels that back straight on to the beach. Not really all that fussed on beaches myself (prefer the pool) but others may give you the right answers you are after.

Regards

WCE

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
205 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Tuban beach for swimming

Thanks this does really help. I think i may go for a hotel Legian/Kuta rather than Tuban. The road in front of hotel and beach isnt a problem at all! Just leg it back to hotel sandy footed saronged up not a problem...

never thought it would be so hard to choose a hotel...i swear the more you start reading the reviews the harder it gets !!

Geelong...
Destination Expert
for Victoria
Level Contributor
3,785 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tuban beach for swimming

Luce, the first hotel that really backs onto the beach is the Legian Beach hotel. I can't recall the name of the main beach road but it runs along the Kuta beach and swings into Jl Melasti where it does a right angled turn (might be Jl Melasti all the way along the Kuta beach). There is another road that runs behind the Legian, Mandira, Padma, etc but it is closed to traffic and you walk from your hotel, across this little road and onto the beach. So close and when hot and sandy, you just walk back across to the hotel and jump in the pool....very refreshing.

There are many hotels after the Legian Beach, all the way up to Seminyak.....large medium to small along the Legian beach and medium to large, plush hotels in Seminyak.

I have walked right around to Kuta but the beach seemed to disappear down near the shopping complex and it was rocky. Don't know the Tuban beach though, so can't help with that.

Lake Macquarie, NSW
Level Contributor
37 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tuban beach for swimming

Hi Luce,

I stayed at Bali Hai resort (closed down now) back in July 2004. It was located right on Tuban beach. The beach is no good for swimming. The water wasn't crystal clear and was ankle deep at low tide and yes definitely corally. Didn't travel up to Legian, so can't compare.

Also didn't find the beach pleasant to lie on anyway because as soon as you leave the resort you get swamped with the beach sellers. They don't leave you alone. I presume they are further up the coast at Legian too!

Much more pleasant and relaxing on the grass around the resort pool.

Cheers Christine

P.S. Going back in June 2008, staying in Sanur this time. Can't wait!

6. Re: Tuban beach for swimming

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:30 am, September 23, 2009