We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Scoot transfer to Lembongan

The Hague, The...
Level Contributor
34 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Scoot transfer to Lembongan

Hi there,

We are going to Bali in August with our kids aged 4 and 5 in August.

Originally we intended to stay in Sanur for 6 days (before moving on to Ubud and Pemuteran later in our holiday) but we are now seriously tempted to go 3 nights to Nusa Lembongan and thinking of Tanis Villas.

As for the boat trip, we are thinking of going with Scoot. Can anyone tell us how rough an average trip in August is? One kid and one adult are a bit prone to travel sickness unfortunately.

Any comments on Tanis Villas?

Mentioned in this post
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Sanur
Sanur
Denpasar, Indonesia
Ubud
Ubud
Bali, Indonesia
Pemuteran
Pemuteran
Gerokgak, Indonesia
Nusa Lembongan
Nusa Lembongan
Bali, Indonesia
London, United...
Level Contributor
110 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Scoot transfer to Lembongan

I don't know about the sea in August, but when I made the trip two years ago in Novermber it was great on the way there but there were big swells on the way back. You can also take a small cruise ship kind of boat run by Bali Hai. It will be pricier but proably more comfortable. I stayed in Tanis Villas. They are really nice and the best deal on that part of Lembongan in terms of quality/price. They had just opened when I was there and, from the website, it looks like a lot of improvements have been made to the property.

Mentioned in this post
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Hai Bar & Grill
Hai Bar & Grill
1,819 Reviews
Nusa Lembongan, Indonesia
Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,697 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Scoot transfer to Lembongan

I have written a bit on Tanis villas here before.. just have a look in the search engine if you are interested.

They are definitely good value (make sure you negotiate the price a little) they are basic but clean fresh, and sunny , they have a great pool now.

Also the beach is definitely one of the nicest on the Islands.

The swells can be big on some days - my daughter is prone to sea sickness but she just takes 'sea legs' (or the local equivalent that you can buy at any pharmacy here for about 20cents a packet - I will dig out a packet if you want the name of it)

If you talk to Tanis Villa's direct (to Urip) say you know Brigid and he is sure to give you a good price!

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
1 post
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Scoot transfer to Lembongan

Just came back from 5 days on Lembongan and Tanis Villas.The Scoot is quick and nice,takes about half an hour.Note that a package often includes pick up from a Bali hotel.

The see was not too rough,no problems with seasickness on our trip.

The Tanis Villas are a great place,after entering a filthy entrance at the beach you will find a beautiful garden,but hens and roosters roam around on the area,this don`t belong in a dollar-priced villa complex.The double villas closest to the pool are the nicest with indoor bathroom.Aircon but no hot water or TV.Bring a book as there`s nothing to do after 7.PM.

The staff are young and very friendly,and would do anything for you.

The food at Tanis is,i`m sorry to say,horrible.

Stick to just drinks,and eat at one of the beachside restaurants next to Tanis,feks High Tide Huts.

As for kids,there are a lot of steep stairs and dropoffs,so keep them close.

Mentioned in this post
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
The Tanis Villas
The Tanis Villas
190 Reviews
Nusa Lembongan, Indonesia
Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,697 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Scoot transfer to Lembongan

I hope something happens soon about the entrance area on the beach - it wasn't like that when we went there the first few times... apparently it is because it was such a bad rainy season the storm water pipe couldn't cope so they allowed a 'stream' as second solution - and any one who has been to Bali knows what they end up like!

The name is a little misleading as 'villas' they are simple bunglows - they were very good value when we first went, 200,000 a room for the AC double 'villas' - now the price has really jumped up - 300 - 350,000rp as a 'special price' - I actually just wrote to the manager (as we have been going there for a couple of years now and got know him quite well) and told him he really needs to improve things like hot water in the bathrooms etc if these are the prices they want to charge..

I have to agree about the food of late! When we first went there, there was no restaurant - just breakfast brought to your porch - pancakes and such.. then the next time they had just opened the restaurant and the food was pretty good... then we went there over the Christmas break and the food was.. terrible! Salty and just plain horrible - it wasn't a big deal though as we just went down to the 'Bali Cafe' on the beach which was good...

It is a lovely relaxed place and the staff are wonderful people..

Mentioned in this post
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Lyon, France
Level Contributor
39 posts
739 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Scoot transfer to Lembongan

I've stayed in TANIS Vila 4 nights last April:the food was NOT horrible for 2 french palates!

It was average.

Dont order a fresh lobster,it is not cooked like Bocuse way and the Tunas were a bit overcooked.

They were building a new outdoor restaurant near the pool when we stayed in this convenient accomodation with a very frienly staff.

If you go there,say Hello to Urip from Bernard.

6. Re: Scoot transfer to Lembongan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:16 am, September 23, 2009