We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Villa Kubu One

Brisbane QLD...
Level Contributor
163 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Villa Kubu One

Hi again, a friend told me she was told Villa Kubu One were very nice can anyone tell me anything about them and their location.

Thanks heaps

Asia
Level Contributor
4,187 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Villa Kubu One

Hi,

Villa Kubu is one of my husband's favourite villas in Bali.

We have stayed there before, Villa 6A. It is a huge 2 bedroom villa. Villa 1 is a 2 bedroom....are you looking for a 2 bedroom villa?

Good things about Villa Kubu's villas are:

1) Their pools are a decent size...not just plunge pools.

2)The villas are quite spacious

3) It is not so boxed up, like many other newer villas in Bali.

4)There is a decent garden.

5) More traditional in style - After all, when you go to another country, you want to stay in somewhere that has more character, unlike a cookie cutter type hotel room...which is one reason why I don't like Nusa Dua. I have stayed at the Grand Hyatt there and honestly, if I were in my bedroom, I could have imagined myself to be in a nice hotel anywhere in the world.

My only complaint about Villa Kubu's grounds is that I am a mozzie magnet and I feel that there are a little more mosquitoes there than other places - because of your own pond and garden, perhaps? Plus I need to shower before I sleep at night, so I don't particulary fancy being the buffet spread for the mosquitoes when I'm trying to dry myself at night! That is my only complaint.

Oh, and the staff are lovely as well.

I think VIlla 6B is a one bedroom villa...the pool is smaller than the pools at Villa 9, 10,11 and 12 (I think it goes up to twelve..?) the latter few are also more modern amd newer and I think that they also have jacuzzis in their bathrooms.

Location wise, it's only so-so. It's OK. I can't say that it's bad, but you do have to go through narrow backlanes to get to the main road.

Hope this helps.

Brisbane QLD...
Level Contributor
163 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Villa Kubu One

Hi Jade du, Thanks again for all your info ( your pretty good ) Roll on October !! Cant wait to see the temple ceremonies,the dances etc,STILL !! cant make up my mind where to stay, it will probably be between Kubu, Villa de daun, and Seminyak estate and spa. (I don't like mozzies either but i guess I'll cope) Whats with the back lanes there that some say are scary ?? Will stay at Ubud for 2 or 3 nights don't know where yet. Thanks again Jade du.

Suitejoe you will have to let me know how your trip was, AND your accommodation, although i will probably have booked ours by then, its still nice to know.

Have a great trip as I'm sure you will.

CHEERS !!!

Asia
Level Contributor
4,187 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Villa Kubu One

Hi,

I think that some people are not comfortable with backlanes as it's just different...not the usual scene - no shope, but sometimes a glimpse into how people live or just an empty lane and the lanes are quite narrow, but I personally don't find anything scary about them.... Maybe it's also because I grew up in Asia and have been travelling to these kind of "underdeveloped" places since I was a kid, so it's not scary at all for me because I may be used to it.

My rule of thumb whenever travelling is, "When in doubt, don't". But the backlane of Villa Kubu is fine. I brought my sis and brother-in-law there and it was their second time in Asia (and out of their country) and the first in Bali. They were a little hesitant when we first decided to walk out from the villa to the main road on foot, just by ourselves, but after a while, they got used to it and we walked out to the main road every day (whenever we didn't have a driver).

4. Re: Villa Kubu One

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:19 am, September 22, 2009