We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

re: keep bali clean (edited)

Batemans Bay
Level Contributor
236 posts
Save Topic
re: keep bali clean (edited)

Remember when we used to book our holiday to Bali through a travel agent, we used to get a complimentry travel bag (you know the ones, that you use to take as hand luggage, only to have the bottom fall out)It would have a logo of the wholesaler on it, )obviously to advertise. Wouldn't it be a fantastic idea, if some bright spark would produce a "Help Keep Bali Clean" shopping bag (like your woolies,coles,Aldi shopping bag)and these could be purchased before your trip. Not only would these become useful for shopping, but others would take note of the logo, I'm sure the message would get across to many and the bags would become a "must purchase" item for many going to Bali. Maybe even part of the money used to buy these bags (once some bright spark has produced them) can be used to help solve some of the problems caused by pollution in Bali. Alas, maybe I'm only dreaming, as it certainly would be a challenge....but one that would definately be worthwhile.....Maybe even Jetstar could take up the challenge, they could still print their little logo on it as well....advertising for them....and getting the message across to others on keeping Bali Clean. Any idea where to start????

nunya
Level Contributor
6,873 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: re: keep bali clean (edited)

hi bistro

why dont you email them and put the idea across to them ....you never know they might jump at it !

i doubt they would charge $1.39 like coles though ! lol

cheers

batt

Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
13,946 posts
317 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: re: keep bali clean (edited)

this would also be a good idea and money making venture for the balinese as well. imagine them producing a bag and selling it at the airport on arrival??? how handy would that be? they would still be "cheap" and a handy item to start your holiday. i for one would buy them. maybe we should think about one produced in bali and the proceeds going back into a "keep bali clean fund" or some such thing.

what do you think?

an e mail to bali tourism may be a starting point.

nunya
Level Contributor
6,873 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: re: keep bali clean (edited)

sounds better than jetstar getting the money !

maybe speaking to a bag stall holder even , might do the trick , just take one with us and they can copy it ..... after all they are so clever at making things !

if one starts selling , the trend will soon follow !

cheers

batt

Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
13,946 posts
317 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: re: keep bali clean (edited)

Batt,

you will be there before me so maybe you could start the ball rolling.

KJU
Western Australia
Level Contributor
130 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: re: keep bali clean (edited)

I think it is a great idea! I bought a couple of Woolies ones to take over but to get them at the airport I think would work.

I'm sure travel agents and wholesalers would jump at the idea. I got free little plastic bag tags and blue folder with my travel docs... but all could come with a couple of bags.... but I agree that it would be best to leave the money with the Balinese rather than the travel industry here. They make enough $$. Unless they could sponsor them, produce with logo and then donate all proceeds to Bali environmental project. Great stuff bistrobabe! I'm off to Bali Tuesday!! 3 more sleeps!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,395 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: re: keep bali clean (edited)

My friend gets bag made for her business. They are like the green bags but lighter weight.

But the logo doubles the price.

I'll find out the cost and let you know.

It's a great idea. Some shops (not many) are doing something.

when I went to the body shop and refused the bag they said thank you for thinking of Bali.

If you are bringing bags for the locals they love yellow. It's good luck.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
2,065 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: re: keep bali clean (edited)

Thankyou,

To Bistrobabe for getting the ball rolling, Catalyst, Batt, and everyone who contributed to this post, it made for interesting reading,and for the great ideas tossed about, lets hope in the not too distant future we see a different Bali, a cleaner/refreshed Bali, and how good will we all feel knowing, we were a small part of it!

Thanks again

Cheers

Burns

8. Re: re: keep bali clean (edited)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:20 pm, September 17, 2009