We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help...beginning to plan Bali honeymoon.

New York City
Level Contributor
123 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Help...beginning to plan Bali honeymoon.

My fiance and I are looking into Bali for our honeymoon, possibly 1-2 weeks depending on our costs. I'm so lost as to where to begin.

We want to stay at 2 different places with one being on or near a beautiful beach. We want to spend no more than $100 USD a night for somewhere romantic and beautiful. I'm not sure if that's possible. We are in our mid 20's and would also like to be near nightlife, restaurants, tours and activities.

I'm also very excited about spa treatments...they are so affordable there!!!

Any recommendations are greatly appreciated!

nunya
Level Contributor
6,873 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help...beginning to plan Bali honeymoon.

hi

congrats on the wedding.

how about legian / seminyak for you beach area , close to all night life but not right in the heart of the madness of kuta .

there are some very nice hotels / villas in this area , getting a villa for under $100 might be a problem though , but you can get a really nice suite room in a nice hotel for that amount .

have a look at the hotel reviews on this website to get an idea of whats available in legian , whats good and whats not , the prices on there arn't to accurate though.

the other place i would recommend would be ubud , in the mountains , more for culture and scenery , very peacefull .

you can get a jaccuzzi room at the tegal sari for 600,000rp about US$63 ....a little wierd the room , but very nice and very piecefull .

www.tegalsari-ubud.com/regular/rooms.php

since this is your honeymoon , i would go to ubud first , to have that " special " time together, just after the wedding , then head to legian for some fun !

hope this helps

cheers

batt

New York City
Level Contributor
123 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Help...beginning to plan Bali honeymoon.

Thank you so much for your advice!!

I definately think staying in Ubud and Seminyak are great choices for us.

Wow, Thanks for the hotel recommendation. It is exactly what we were looking for price wise and it even has a jacuzzi.

Thank you!!!

nunya
Level Contributor
6,873 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help...beginning to plan Bali honeymoon.

your welcome , i hope you enjoy bali as much as many of us do .

a few recommendations for legian ( probably more your age group area ) are ;

the melasti beach resort.. http://www.melastibali.com/resort.html

the losari hotel .. http://www.thelosari.com/

the kumala pantai .. www.balidiscovery.com/hotels/hotel.asp?Id=323

hope this helps as well

cheers

batt

nunya
Level Contributor
6,873 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help...beginning to plan Bali honeymoon.

hi maureenm

i have uploaded a video of the view of the rice fields behind the tegal sari , taken from the balcony of the jaccuzzi room , if you are interested in having a look .

cheers

batt

New York City
Level Contributor
123 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Help...beginning to plan Bali honeymoon.

Thank you so much!! You've been soooo helpful with my planning!!!

New York City
Level Contributor
123 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Help...beginning to plan Bali honeymoon.

What a beautiful view!!!

nunya
Level Contributor
6,873 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help...beginning to plan Bali honeymoon.

your welcome !

the view is beautifull , so peacefull and to hear the birds chirping in the morning and afternoon is just great !

cheers

batt

8. Re: Help...beginning to plan Bali honeymoon.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:20 am, September 17, 2009